2006 Fleetwood Excursion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Southernoaks

I recently looked at one of the new Fleetwood Excursions with the 28 foot slide.  Has anyone had any experience with this large slide?  Have there been any documented problems with this size slide?  Any other comments (pros and cons) about this particular coach would be appreciated.  My wife and I really like the extra space the slide provides.

Thanks and we can't wait to hit the road!

Southernoaks

Hi Southearnoaks,

That slide is very new so I doubt many have had any experience with it. On their new Liberty chassis it might work well but I don't have any idea how it would be on any other chassis. It will be interesting to hear what experiences people have had with it.

We looked at the full wall slide at Pomona. On the one we saw there was no door to separate the bedroom from the front area, just a door into the bathroom. Wiith guests they would be in your bedroom to reach the potty door. ??? ???

I assume that will get addressed with enough feedback from customers.

Jeff /Washington said:
We looked at the full wall slide at Pomona. On the one we saw there was no door to separate the bedroom from the front area, just a door into the bathroom. Wiith guests they would be in your bedroom to reach the potty door. ??? ???

I assume that will get addressed with enough feedback from customers.

Jeff,

They are just observing the Cardinal Rule of Motor Coaching. Cocktails for 6, dinner for 4, sleeps 2!! :)

Rexhall has been building the long slide wall for a couple of years now, in their model known as the T-Rex. Haven't heard of any particular problems with it.  Among the Fleetwood brands, Pace Arrow introduced the long wall last year, so the Excursion isn't the first or only Fleetwood to have it.

Jim Dick said:
Jeff,

They are just observing the Cardinal Rule of Motor Coaching. Cocktails for 6, dinner for 4, sleeps 2!! :)

Jim:

Cousins' Cardinal Rule: All the granddaughters AND their parents ! We still have a tent for some of them but the front hide-a-bed was full. ;D ;D

Jeff /Washington said:
Jim:

Cousins' Cardinal Rule: All the granddaughters AND their parents ! We still have a tent for some of them but the front hide-a-bed was full. ;D ;D

Yes, there are exceptions. :)

Back
Top Bottom