2006 Tiffin Phaeton - Flashing running lights going down road

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

njcampbell7

We just purchased a used 2006 Tiffin Phaeton
All the brake lights and running lights are flashing going down the road as it loose connection, but we cannot find it.

Anyone else experience this and any ideas.

If it were just the brake lights I would say that the emergency flashers were on, but they don't control the running lights. Does your rig have an "ICC" button on the steering wheel that allows you to flash the running lights when being passed by trucks or large vehicles? Maybe it's malfunctioning. Or just possibly a loose ground causing the flash. Do they still flash if you are standing still, or just while moving?

If it were just the brake lights I would say that the emergency flashers were on, but they don't control the running lights. Does your rig have an "ICC" button on the steering wheel that allows you to flash the running lights when being passed by trucks or large vehicles? Maybe it's malfunctioning. Or just possibly a loose ground causing the flash. Do they still flash if you are standing still, or just while moving?
Both standing still and moving

Is this with the headlight switch on or off?

If they flash with the headlight switch on I would be looking at a loose supply (+ive) wiring. If they are flashing with the switch off it almost surely needs to be a bad relay or switch.

Are you sure it's the BRAKE lights and not the TAIL lights flashing?
The brake lights and the running lights are on entirely 2 different circuits.
The head light switch has nothing to do with the brake lights.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom