2007 jamboree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stef1435

I am interested in the new jamboree 31m I really want this rv on the chevy chassis for the legroom and ride. the rig is 33 long. I have not seen any built on the chevy chassis. Is it because it's really to big for this chassis?

No, the weight & other specs on the F450 and Chevy/Workhorse chassis are pretty much the same. I suspect the dealers stock mostly Ford chassis units because (a) they tend to be a few hundred $$ cheaper than Workhorse and (b) the F450 V10 has more torque (power) and a 5 speed transmission vs the 4 speed in the Chevy/Workhorse. I note that the overall length is also nearly a foot shorter on the Ford.  Since the floor plan is the same, I suspect the interior room is identical, though.

You may have to special order to get a Chevy/Workhorse chassis.

Gary I know I will have to special order this RV .My wants are for the front passenger legroom. M DH has been in both of the chassis and she says the comfort is twice as much in the chey. As for the cost ,I think we are talking a couple of thousand more for the chevy. My concern was for the power and if a rig this size would be straining on a 33 footer.  thanks tony

Well, personally I would not choose a 33 footer on a relatively short, 14,000 lb chassis like that, especially when you can have a Class A in the same size & price range on a much more robust chassis that was designed for a motorhome. Have you looked at the Terra LX & Fiesta LX, for example? They also come in the 31M floor plan and are built on the Workhorse W20 or Ford F53 (take your pick). The LX's are more money than a Jamboree/Tioga, but the 31H floor plan is offered in the lower priced vanilla Terra/Fiesta line and that is about the same price.

I think a Class A is definitely superior to a C in that size range. You get a better chassis, more storage in the basement, a much beter driving position and a better view of the road and countryside for both driver and co-pilot.

Agreeing with Gary 100 %.  Also the C  is on a small chassis and will have way to much overhang of the unit.  Also  some dealers are no longer stocking Cs  cuz the price is simular to the A and and the A is on a heavier chassis.

I saw a  E 350 van with a slim line engine cover console that gives you more legroom in front. If I can get this cover installed on the jamboree,this will solve my problem.I can get the rv on the ford chassis. the van has an option for a 6.8 v10 so I think the cover will fit. of course I 'm going to check into this with ford trucking parts I really don't want to go to a class A do you think this will work and do you still think that this rig ,which is 32 ft ,is still to big for the ford chassis?. I'm retired and only doing this once. I am looking for a price of around $61,000 on a retail of 83000.

Changing the engine cover doesn't alter the fact that it's a big motorhome on a light duty truck chassis.  What is it about the Class C you like vs an A? If you are "only doing this once", I would think you would want to comfort and convenience of an A. The Terra LX starts at 90,000, only $7000 more than the $83k you are looking at for the Jamboree and I think it has a lot more going for it for the money. Just my opinion - you are the one who will be living in it.

Drive a Class C that size and then a Class A  big diff.  Also many Cs dont have Jacks  Vital in camping.  As are on a much heavier frame.  JMHO

The terra lx is a great looking rig and retails over $100,000 with options.I Like the 32S nice rig.  I have no problem with a class A especially after driving a bus for a living for 35years. It's the final monthly payment and affordability. I don't have much to put down and want to keep the payments low. My first choice was the four winds citation BE. small,just right for touring and camping. You really don't have to tow. the next thing you know I'm looking at the jamboree 31m and now the terra lx  even larger.Don't get me wrong it's a beautiful coach but I want to stay within my budget and as they say keep it simple within my means. I have no problem with a $500 per month payment. The rv will be just for the two of us. so I don't need all the stuff that you load into the rig. just some clothes,a small bbq, bag chairs and bag table. the rv has a big wardrobe and bed. I will have a couch up front instead of the dinette and storage under the couch and bed. I won't have any worries about overloading this rig  I want to thank you all for responding to my post . hey  any other comments would be appreciated  Tony

Why do you have to have a new unit.  Check out As that are 3 or 4 years old and someone else has taken the beating of depreciation.  You can get extra fine units that way .  Only way I'd buy one, as many others do.

Roadbear in LA are selling second hand 31's that can sleep 8 that 2 adults and 4 children  fro as little as $52,000 and they have been driven for 12 months i hired one over Christmas and drove it for 3000 miles and never had a hiccup from it and it was an E450 V10 with tonnes of power both down low and up high and it handled like a dream and it has loads of storage space underneath have a look around at a few second hand ones you will like what you find

I hear you on the $100k price factor, but you certainly don't need a fully optioned Terra or Fiesta LX - they come pretty nicely equipped for the $90k base price. We have a member here who bought one recently and I think he paid in the mid 70's for it after discounting. But managing the budget is a key factor in any purchase decision and I'm glad to see you have  self discipline.

You really would be better off with a used coach, as Shayne suggests. There is no advantage in buying a new one and you pay handsomely for the privilege.  You should have no problem finding a prime 2-3 year old Class A in your price range and you will get a lot more for your money.

Well Gary, After hearing your comments and Shaynes comments about a used class A I found a 2004 sightseer30b  with 11,500 miles has all the room i need and a price that is $10,00 less than a new Jamboree. Now I have a real bug to get this coach. I'll just think it through I won't wait to long because I know this willl go fast  thanks again for your help  tony. If you have any comments about this one please let me know what you have heard. 

It will no doubt turn out to be a lemon and you will curse me til the day you die...  :eek:  Just kidding, stef.  ;) Glad you found something you like and saved some money too. Sounds like a good deal.

We have at least one Sightseer owner here - she will likely offer some comments. They seem to like theirs very much.

Hey  Gary  You won't be alone ole friend, my name is in there right along with yours'  LOL.  Just makes sense to me tho, cuz I never buy new since 1974 , after having 4 new Winnibegos and a Travco.  That cured me and haven't bought new since and also haven't bought a Winnie since either.  And we were selling them at the time is the reason for their purchases.  Been with Fleetwood ever since.  But then that's just me,  Like Ford and Chev.  it's Ford all the way with me.  However I did look at a Nissan Aramada 4X4, but it can't be towed 4 down  Bummer I really liked it.  So much for that.
  Stef  I hope you find what you really like  and make sure the Lady is satisfied with the kitchen or no matter what you get it will be a bad deal.  Good Luck

you guys are going to give me a nervous breakdown. I thought I was looking at a lemon. love the joking around. The DH is not going to make a fus about the kitchen AT ALL. As we tour,she will cook a little and make reservations a lot. Ha HA  thanks again guys tony

We just went back to used after buying a new coach last time around.  I won't say "never again" to a new coach, but it would have to have something really special to make me go the new route again. Last time it was to get the new Workhorse W22 gas chassis, which was a new chassis at the time and not available under any used rigs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom