2007 Rockford Forest River

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Redcecela

Good Morning to One and All!

A couple of years ago I bought a 2007 Rockwood Forest River, as my forever home. It's had some issues, that have been fixed. Now, I have to pull a power cord through a window, to install a space heater. I don't know how to undo the clips to the screen. Anybody have any idea? :)

Kindly,

Red

Just wondering why you have to plug the heater to an external outlet... Do you have any available inside the trailer?

Besides the window, you can run an extra cord through the cord box on the side of the trailer, easy to grab from the inside. That's what I do when I add an extra space heater in Fall Camping and don't really want to plug it into my TT.

Any help is appreciated. <3

Attachments

• window clips right.jpg
    window clips right.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 8
  • window clips left.jpg
    window clips left.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 8
Besides the window, you can run an extra cord through the cord box on the side of the trailer, easy to grab from the inside. That's what I do when I add an extra space heater in Fall Camping and don't really want to plug it into my TT.
Please tell me what a cord box is?

Please tell me what a cord box is?
Do you have a power cord that is stored inside your RV, you pull out a small door and connect to 30A pedestal? My door looks like this, and I can sneak an extension cord in, open the cabinet inside and reach up and grab it.

Attachments

• cord.JPG
    cord.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 1
I believe you can slide the screen up just a touch to get it out of the lower track then slide it all the way to the side and pull out the opposite end.

Do you have a power cord that is stored inside your RV, you pull out a small door and connect to 30A pedestal? My door looks like this, and I can sneak an extension cord in, open the cabinet inside and reach up and grab it.
I'll have to look. How handy this would be! <3

Ms. Rene, I'm not sure what you are talking about. Sorry! ;)
It’s Mr. but that’s OK.
Can you slide the screen up just a little? It may go hard. If you can, try sliding it to the right or left to get the opposite end to clear the track then pull that end out.

Last edited:
So very sorry, Mr. Rene!

I'm not sure what you mean, about a screw. There doesn't seem to be any movement, on the screen.

Open the window, push up on the screen. Gently pry out at the bottom. Typically the screens are super tight in the grooves so you need to do some twisting to get them out.

Back
Top Bottom