2007 Winnebago Sightseer29R - jacks don't work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bbthesailer

Greetings, does anyone have any experience with a 2007 Winnebago sightseer 29r, my levelers won't go up or down and the furnace runs constantly with the thermostat off and the engine running. Don't know if they could be related.
I took it to general RV and they trouble shot close two 2 hours. and couldn't diagnose. They tried switching out boards.
They did there best but told me it could take days @ $165 per hour.

It's the shocking truth that RV techs at dealers generally aren't very good at diagnosis. They are trained to quickly install new parts that may be related to the symptom. It's an expensive (for the RV owner) approach at best, and fails miserably when faced with weird problems.

The levelers diagnosis has to start with whether its a power issue or a controller issue. Fundamental electrical stuff at first, then maybe electronic parts. The furnace problem points directly at a faulty thermostat or a shorted wire imitating the thermostat call for heat. Maybe the leveler power wire is shorted to the thermostat control wire? Highly unlikely, but conceivable.

My Resource library article on Furnace Troubleshooting educates on how the furnace works. Basically, +12v on the control wire from the thermostat to the furnace always causes the furnace to run. ALWAYS! Start looking at the control circuit.

Gary is so correct about the usual customer service experience at an RV dealership. I have two recommendations. Use a mobile RV service tech or take it to Forest City (Winnebago factory service.)

Thank you very much Gary and john, I did schedule an appointment with Winnebago in Forrest City IA.
unfortunately august 11th is the soonest I can get in. If push comes to shove I'll get 4 hydraulic jacks in the mean time.

Greetings, does anyone have any experience with a 2007 Winnebago sightseer 29r, my levelers won't go up or down and the furnace runs constantly with the thermostat off and the engine running. Don't know if they could be related.
I took it to general RV and they trouble shot close two 2 hours. and couldn't diagnose. They tried switching out boards.
They did there best but told me it could take days @ $165 per hour.
FYI, I went to winnabago in forrest city Iowa, they were very nice but didn't find the issue. On their recommendation I drove south to HWH in Moscow Iowa, I took a chance and just showed up. Camped with hook up in there parking lot. (You won't be able to stay there on weekends).
There top notch people found it to be a corroded ground, running from behind licence plate to the hyl pump

Greetings, does anyone have any experience with a 2007 Winnebago sightseer 29r, ... the furnace runs constantly with the thermostat off and the engine running. ...
That almost sounds like it might not be the furnace but rather the rear auxiliary automotive heater, but I don't think the 2007 Sightseer had that feature (I know the 2007 Adventurer and some other gas models did).

Apparently you asked W to fix the HWH problem and they couldn't find one.
So Winnebago did not find the problem with the furnace running either? What was their written reply on the work order?

Back
Top Bottom