2008 Frontier Hyperlite 26RDB Owners Manual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larrym1959

I'm in desperate need of an owners manual for a 2008 Frontier Hyperlite 26RDB. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've looked all over the web and can not find one. We recently bought the trailer in really good condition but I have some questions which I believe will be answered in the owners manual.
Thanks in advance for any help I get from this forum.

I'm in desperate need of an owners manual for a 2008 Frontier Hyperlite 26RDB. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've looked all over the web and can not find one. We recently bought the trailer in really good condition but I have some questions which I believe will be answered in the owners manual.
Thanks in advance for any help I get from this forum.
Oh by the way we have a trip planned in a month and I would like my questions answered before we leave. đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

I don't know that trailer, but there's a pretty good chance that there either wasn't a manual or that it was so basic and generic that it was of little help. That seems to be the case with all too many RVs, both trailer and motorhome, though there are a few exceptions with excellent manuals.

However, manuals for each of the appliances, TVs, radios, etc. should be available online by searching the web.

All that said, there's a very good chance that if you ask your question(s) here you can get a good answer, depending on the specific question, since there's a wealth of knowledge and a desire to help on this forum.

Ok thanks.
1. Does the refrigerator run on the 12 volts supplied by my towing vehicle, while I'm towing it?
2. If not can I put a generator on the back of the trailer and run the refrigerator using it?

We're doing a 10 day trip with numerous stops and want to stock up before we leave with supplies already at the house, to save some money on the road.

Any help with this is appreciated.

I also have an issue with the toilet.
When hooked up to the water source, I get water under the base of the toilet. I thought it might be the flushing mechanism so I replaced it with a new one.....water was still seeping from under the base. I bought a new toilet and installed it....still had water under the base, I read on a different forum that it might be the seal on the flange. Replaced the seal, still have water under the base. I read that wax rings are not recommended for RVs but as I'm getting desperate at this point I installed a wax ring, knowing that this would make a good seal on the flange. Hooked up the water...remember I have a new toilet with a new seal AND a wax ring and I still have water seeping from under the base.
What do I do now?
HELP

1. Does the refrigerator run on the 12 volts supplied by my towing vehicle, while I'm towing it?
Assuming it's a typical RV fridge rather than a residential model, it runs from the trailers 12v battery while under tow. If your tow vehicle is properly set up for towing, the tow vehicle provides at least some 12v power to charge the trailer battery while underway.

Some RV fridges can operate on 12v power only, while others use 12v merely to operate the control circuit board and the actual cooling unit operates on LP gas.

2. If not can I put a generator on the back of the trailer and run the refrigerator using it?
I suppose you could, but there is no reason to do that.

I also have an issue with the toilet.
When hooked up to the water source, I get water under the base of the toilet. I thought it might be the flushing mechanism so I replaced it with a new one.....water was still seeping from under the base. I bought a new toilet and installed it....still had water under the base, I read on a different forum that it might be the seal on the flange. Replaced the seal, still have water under the base. I read that wax rings are not recommended for RVs but as I'm getting desperate at this point I installed a wax ring, knowing that this would make a good seal on the flange. Hooked up the water...remember I have a new toilet with a new seal AND a wax ring and I still have water seeping from under the base.
What do I do now?
HELP
First question is whether the water is fresh water (which would come from the flush inlet) or from the toilet bowl. Or possibly from another source altogether, e.g. a nearby sink water line. You could put some food dye in the toilet bowl water to see if that is what is leaking out. If not, look at the flush inlet valve & line, or other possible sources.

It would help to narrow down when & where there is a leak. Does the water seep out all the time, or only when flushing? Or perhaps only when underway (driving) but not while parked?

I have an idea, that I'm going to try. Since I have changed everything except the toilet flange that screws to the floor, I'm going to replace it with a new one and see it I'm getting leakage under it. It's the only piece of the system that hasn't been replaced.
I'll let you know what I find.

Found the issue with the water under the toilet. The toilet output flange is 2.5 in diameter and the floor flange is 4 in. Even with a wax ring on the toilet it wasn't creating a good enough seal to keep water from seeping under the toilet after a flush. We found a rubber gasket that sealed the toilet to the flange, took up the extra space....no leaks.
Just wanted to let y'all know what we found and how we fixed it.

I have a 2008 Frontier Hyperlite 26 RDB also: Having trouble retracting slideout. Does anyone know how to retract manually?
Thank you!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom