2008 Winnie Destination gas pusher autopark system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmiman

I have a 2008 Winnebago Destination gas pusher. I love this coach but it's been in a repair facility for 3 months now and they still haven't repaired or diagnosed parking brake issue. The problem is the parking brake will not release sometimes. Wabco and Workhorse tech support have not been helpful. As I said I love this coach but I am very frustrated. I haven't had any luck finding a workhorse repair facility in southern California and everyone else just scratches their head and shrug shoulders it seems. Please help. There has to be someone out there who can repair this thing. Appreciate any and all advice
Thanks in advance,
Rick Killen

If they can't help try calling Ultra RV Products / Brazels in Washington State, they no longer do general repair work (as of last year, now they only do upgrade installations), but they do have a lot of technical knowledge and sell aftermarket repair parts for the auto park system.

I have never seen nor worked on an auto park brake system, but I sure have seen a lot of complaints about them on various boards.

One web site that pops up time and again is AutoPark parking brake system help, troubleshooting, and repair and the site is designed to educate the user and the mechanic on how the system operates and what can go wrong and what to do to fix it. If you have not looked at it, I would give it a try, lots of information in it.

Charles

Most of the above site deals with the J71 autopark system, Having a UFO chassis from 2008, I am not sure, but I suspect he has the very different, and only shortly produced J72 auto park system

In that case I would certainly try calling Ultra RV parts and see if they can be of any help, I suspect you will want to talk to Jon or Allen

So the problem turned out to be a very hard to find ground wire that was never tightened during the original build. 4 months to find it but everything works perfectly now. I love my coach again !!

Glad you got it fixed.
Main lesson here is that if it was in one shop for 3 months, never go there again !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom