2009 Onan microlite 2800

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudlyjake

Starting this thread again. My problems with this generator. started with starting issues. Initially when I pressed the start button the starter would engage anywhere from 1 to 5 or 10 seconds sometimes not at all. Eventually but not always the generator would start. Last time I tried to start it, it turned over as it should but wouldn't start. Tried multiple times, it went back to the way it was before and now won't even turn over. I've changed the 5 Amp fuse at the start switch, no fun. Made sure the ground fault at the control panel hadn't tripped. Checked the plug and ground wire. It's mounted under a 2010 Pleasureway with virtually no access. Any ideas?

Must verify proper cranking amps at the starter and starter solenoid.

Typically engines like your onan will absorb large amounts of starting current when the generator takes time to start. This causes heat, high amps and can stress starters and starter solenoids.

The key to long healthy start circuit life is too developed a system that starts the generator consistently and quickly.

The basics should be attended to.

Properly gapped plug
New air cleaner
Fully charged starting battery

Ok assuming the plug, battery,and air cleaner have been addressed. Nothing happens when the start switch is pressed neither the remote or on board unit. No click no nothing.

So this is the little bugger that caused me grief. Started right up. Ran under load for twenty minutes. So far so good.

Attachments

• 20210920_070930.jpg
    20210920_070930.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom