2009 Weekend Warrior WLFS2600

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcj72

I have a 2009 Weekend Warrior WLFS2600, The rear bunk beds will lower but will not raise. When I push the switch to raise the bed the lights flicker and I hear a clicking sound. Have checked all the fuses that I've been able to locate and replaced them, also got new batteries about 3 months ago. Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.

I have a 2009 Weekend Warrior WLFS2600, The rear bunk beds will lower but will not raise. When I push the switch to raise the bed the lights flicker and I hear a clicking sound. Have checked all the fuses that I've been able to locate and replaced them, also got new batteries about 3 months ago. Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.
Sounds to me like the bunk bed has too much load. Remove all you can from the bed to make it as light as possible and try it again.

Either that or the motor is too much load for the circuit for another reason.

-Don- DeRidder, LA

Or perhaps your batteries are a bit weak, even though they're new. They may need to be fully charged, and you'll certainly want to be sure the water is up in them. Also, does this happen when you're plugged in to shore power?

When I push the switch to raise the bed the lights flicker and I hear a clicking sound.
It would appear that for some reason the bunk drive is jammed up, overloaded or at least for some reason it is drawing too much current. Is the clicking sound coming from the drive motor or somewhere else? The motor probably has some type of brake and that may be what you hear releasing and locking over and over. If you can, check the track the bunks move on to make sure that it is clear and look for something that is in the way of the movement. Is it safe for us to assume that it did work properly in the past? Is there any adjustment for the bunks that could be off and causing one or both to bind?

Or perhaps your batteries are a bit weak, even though they're new. They may need to be fully charged, and you'll certainly want to be sure the water is up in them. Also, does this happen when you're plugged in to shore power?
It is happening plugged in to shore power as well.

It is happening plugged in to shore power as well.
If you have a SmartShunt, perhaps we can get a clue by the current draw when it is operating. Also, check the battery voltage under that load.

Sure sounds like it is drawing too much current.

-Don- DeRidder, LA

It would appear that for some reason the bunk drive is jammed up, overloaded or at least for some reason it is drawing too much current. Is the clicking sound coming from the drive motor or somewhere else? The motor probably has some type of brake and that may be what you hear releasing and locking over and over. If you can, check the track the bunks move on to make sure that it is clear and look for something that is in the way of the movement. Is it safe for us to assume that it did work properly in the past? Is there any adjustment for the bunks that could be off and causing one or both to bind?
They did work properly in the past. It's hard to determine exactly where the clicking is coming from but it sounds like it is coming from near the frig. Could there be a relay up there or something else I'm unaware of?

Could there be a relay up there or something else I'm unaware of?
It is certainly possible. There must be a control circuit somewhere. Is the location a long way from the drive for the bunks? Can to see the motor or motors that move the bunks? Does each bunk have a separate motor or 1 motor for both bunks? Also, have you taken any voltage readings.

There is only 1 motor for the lower bunk and it raises the upper. Right now the upper bunk is pinned up to the ceiling and covering the motor at the top of the track.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom