2013 RVFORUM QUARTZSITE RALLY - Info/Signups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We might have to check out the ghost town on a jeep run while in DV. Site says on 7 RV spaces and only on Saturday night because of his job. Thanks

sheltie said:
Just out of curiousity, how many folks here are going to Q for the rock part of it?

I'll probably spend some time looking at the gems and minerals, but what I'd really like to do is go up to the Hauser geode beds near Blythe and find a few geodes.  I also found a contact that sometimes allows people to dig for fossils on his land on shares. I saw some of the fish fossils he found and they look really cool.

SmokerBill said:
Thought I'd post a photo of tonight's sunset over Tyson Wash.

My wife took a picture here (central Texas) this morning at dawn and it was almost identical, minus the mountains.  I guess it just took overnight to "fly" 1,000 miles!

Hi
Looking forward to Q arriving 1/14 departing 1/28
I am new to the group:
Loren Smith = desertrat68
From Glendale AZ (Phoenix  Suburb)
http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y387/desertrat681/DSCF0727_zpsb8924be4.jpg

SmokerBill said:
One more attendee, Bill Purtee, and my mailbox now is in Milton, WA, but home state was Kansas for most of my life. I left the Imperial Dam LTVA at noon today and pulled my travel trailer up to Quartzsite. Got it set up now in what I'm pretty sure is the RVforum location. I hung a left at the brown post 541 and parked next to the wash on the side the sun sets.  My rig is a Jayco 26BH TT, TV is a Cherry Red Dodge Ram, if anybody else has arrived yet.

Thanks for posting, Bill -- glad you found your way to the RV Forum rally site OK.

Our only parking request is that we face the rigs perpendicular to the wash/es vs. parallel if possible. That gives us more room for the 30 plus rigs that will be there during the rally. Also, it cuts down on the distance having to walk to the center of the rally campfire activities.

You should find (if it is still there) a larger fire ring on the opposite side of the site than were you are currently parked. That is the center of our rally. There is a picture on my sign up page of last years group around the fire ring at one of our happy hours.

The area farther down is ususally occupied by a separate group - though they didn't show last year. But if they do, they surround that humped center area with 5th Wheels and spread out fairly well.

Looking forward to meeting you, Bill.

BTW, nice sunset shot. What kind of camera do you use??

FIREWOOD:

Wanted to mention and ask that you pick up a few bundles of firewood en route to the rally. There are ususally a few booths around the downtown area that sell wood that will be cheaper than any sold at the grocery stores or gas stations. When I arrive I will try to check out where the booths are this year and the pricing.

Thanks . . .  :)

Henry Wishard said:
We might have to check out the ghost town on a jeep run while in DV. Site says on 7 RV spaces and only on Saturday night because of his job. Thanks

Not to detract from Quartzsite.....Terrie and I are really looking forward to our first trip down there.  We're leaving next week.

As for ghost towns in and around Death Valley, there's also Rhyolite, it's right in Death Valley, on the left just before Beatty, Nv.

And for a sneak preview of what I consider the best ghost town I've ever been to, Gold Point, Nv (not to be confused with Goldfield, but not to awful far apart), http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=72870.msg1004242#msg1004242

By the way, a jeep tour would certainly be better than the motorcycles that we were on.  I told my wife...."we have to go back with the truck (4x4)!".

Hi Bob,

Yes, the fire ring is still there. I can tell by the location of the big four-armed saguaro featured in some of the pics on your site. And unfortunately, I overshot the spot by 2 or 3 hundred yards. Oh well, I'm going to need to dump one of these days, so I'll just move a little closer then.

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else when you show up.  Glad you liked my sunset. I use a Canon Xsi. I took a pic of my rig from behind the firepit. I guess I tried to join the other group.

Attachments

• IMG_1790.jpg
    IMG_1790.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 48
Doug and Sheryl (Cashed Out) arriving "around" the 22nd.  New to RV living and Quartzite.  Looking forward to the experience.

29er said:
29er -Kerry Mathews and wife Georgia Beth, WILL ATTEND! ! ! !  After being away for 3 years we are LOOKING forward to seeing all our friends, and meeting new ones.

Whoopie!!!!!!  It's been too long.

Just talked to our friends, Ken and Ann Jones who are ready to try "boondocking" in their 5th wheel.  We talked at length on the phone about what they can expect and how to get the most from their dry camping adventure.

We will be arriving on Thursday Jan 24th; and they will pull in on Friday, Jan 25. 

Tuesday, after the rally, they will be accompanying us to Cattail Cove for the rest of the week.  Ken and Ann also have a golden retriever named Kona, who is a "splash dog".  Those are the ones that jump long distances into water to retrieve a fun toy!

Let's hope we have good weather.

Marsha~

Kerry and Beth - It's been a while.  I was wondering recently where you've been hiding so happy to hear you'll be joining us.

ArdraF

Hi
I am not going to make the trip my truck had a last minute mechanical problem and is now being repaired. I will attend the the convention on a daily basis returning to my home in Glendale AZ in the afternoon.

Thanks
Loren P Smith

The early arrivals shared happy hour today.  Bill Purtee has been here for a while, Dan & I came yesterday, and Margaret and Henry arrived today.  It is getting warmer.

Jeannine

Is the space around our fire ring all cleared out ? We have been known to scare off normal people when we all arrive :)

Looks like we'll be there Saturday.

Wendy
Bolsa Chica State Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back