2014 Winnebago Navion iQ model V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LOVN1T

This is Greg from Michigan and I’m new to posting. I have a 2014 Winnebago Navion iQ model V (twin beds in the back of our motorhome).
I have a Jensen radio with an option to select ceiling speakers A and/or B (and/or C - for outside speakers). Speakers B (over the loveseat that pulls out into an inflatable bed) quit working all of a sudden. Dealership said the radio output to those speakers is fine and so are the speakers themselves. “Wiring is bad somewhere in between”. Can anyone suggest where I can find a comprehensive wiring diagram or know how to locate the problem area?

Wiring diagrams................
Plumbing drawings

Save these to a thumb drive and carry them with you in your black manuals case, thus you will never be without a copy.

I suggest that you find the correct diagrams, based on your serial number, and download all of them. The wiring diagrams will be about 13 separate PDFs you will need to download, the plumbing drawings will be one large PDF to download. These are for the 2014 year model.

Your Sprinter chassis year model may be different, when you get to looking for information on it. I suggest you join the Sprinter-Source Forums and become familiar with the NCV3 section.

I also suggest you join these three View Navion forums (three parts of the same thing, you have to join the three parts separately.

discussion groups.io Group

discussion-mods groups.io Group

discussion-tech groups.io Group

If you suddenly get flooded with emails from these groups, you will need to log into each group separately, and change the settings. Its kinda a PITA but this is the original View Navion forum from about 2006, started on Yahoo Groups and move here when Yahoo closed the groups. They skimmed all old posts and photos co it is complete all the way back. There are some really sharp folks on these forums.

Charles

Last edited:
Do you have a radio power selector switch on the dash? Selects power for the radio between the chassis battery and the coach battery? If so, I think that also selects the speakers. Did you accidentally throw that switch?

Charles

Couple of things I forgot to add.

This Winnebago Owner Resource page is the beginning of all you might want from WBO. The Guides and Diagrams page is where the wiring, plumbing, paint and sealants are found, while the 3D Parts Lookup page will lead you to the parts catalogs for all motorized WBO products (however you frequently get a Error 500 Internal Server Error on this page, be patient and reload the page till you get it), and Supplier Links will take you to the suppliers of many of the parts and components WBO uses in building their motor homes.

Here are your parts catalogs for the coach, pick your s/n range to access. Your coach is new enough that its parts catalog is on a web based viewer and not PDF files like older models. Thus you cannot download and save the information, however if you have web access you have this information available to you.
Lastly, and this is very useful even though it is somewhat dated, is the Winnebago 2008 RV Parts & Accessories Catalog Which is the last one they published.

Charles

Couple of things I forgot to add.

This Winnebago Owner Resource page is the beginning of all you might want from WBO. The Guides and Diagrams page is where the wiring, plumbing, paint and sealants are found, while the 3D Parts Lookup page will lead you to the parts catalogs for all motorized WBO products (however you frequently get a Error 500 Internal Server Error on this page, be patient and reload the page till you get it), and Supplier Links will take you to the suppliers of many of the parts and components WBO uses in building their motor homes.

Here are your parts catalogs for the coach, pick your s/n range to access. Your coach is new enough that its parts catalog is on a web based viewer and not PDF files like older models. Thus you cannot download and save the information, however if you have web access you have this information available to you.
Lastly, and this is very useful even though it is somewhat dated, is the Winnebago 2008 RV Parts & Accessories Catalog Which is the last one they published.

Charles
Ty CharlesinGA! I’ll check out your suggestions. Sorry it took so long to reply. iPad and internet difficulties. Looking into a different internet provider … maybe Starlink. Thanks again for your help.

This is Greg from Michigan and I’m new to posting. I have a 2014 Winnebago Navion iQ model V (twin beds in the back of our motorhome).
I have a Jensen radio with an option to select ceiling speakers A and/or B (and/or C - for outside speakers). Speakers B (over the loveseat that pulls out into an inflatable bed) quit working all of a sudden. Dealership said the radio output to those speakers is fine and so are the speakers themselves. “Wiring is bad somewhere in between”. Can anyone suggest where I can find a comprehensive wiring diagram or know how to locate the problem area?
Just wondering if you solved your problem by switching to house batteries on the switch on the dash and can you tv get connected to you Jensen surround sound. Having problems getting that to work.

Hi Greg - I too am new to this forum and just purchased a 2014 Navion iQ - my speaker over the seating area also does not work either and I cannot get the tv to go through the Jensen surround sound speakers. Can you tell me if your tv works via the surround sound and what settings did you use. Also I am trying to find where I can mount or put stabilizer jacks on the body of this vehicle to help with movement. Maybe we can help each other in learning about our new toy. Thanks

Yes, welcome indeed. Since you have the same year and exact model as LOVNIT, go back up to posts #2 and #5 and do as I recommended for them, downloading all of the wiring drawings and other such stuff to keep on a thumb drive and keep it with the manuals in the black pouch. It will prove to be useful in the future.

The discussion groups I recommended in post #2 may be able to recommend positioning of the stabilizer jacks. I am quite surprised how many people with both motor homes and trailers describe movement in their rigs that they consider annoying. The hydraulic leveling systems by HWH add a considerable amount of weight to the rig, at the rear and most Sprinter based RV's are already nearing the vehicles max gross weight. I I do recall that someone on the discussion ground rigged up some sort of simple stabilizer jack to steady the rig. I never had any issues with mine, but possibly I was too tired by bedtime to care.

Charles

Last edited:
Just wondering if you solved your problem by switching to house batteries on the switch on the dash and can you tv get connected to you Jensen surround sound. Having problems getting that to work.
Hi Nancy,
I have a rocker switch on the dash but it is only for powering-on the in-dash radio without having the engine running. Nothing to do with my house radio & associated speakers. As far as Navion stabilizers go, I don’t want the extra weight these add to my rv but I can easily live with using my entry step stabilizers. They actually serve a dual purpose for me. 1) saves wear and tear on the entry steps when going in/out of motorhome; 2) reduces a lot of the motion normally produced when entering/exiting the motorhome. And they are cheap, portable and adjustable. Downside is you have to get on the ground to place them under the lower step and adjust the height. Not a deal breaker at all. Hope this helps with your situation.

Ty CharlesinGA! I’ll check out your suggestions. Sorry it took so long to reply. iPad and internet difficulties. Looking into a different internet provider … maybe Starlink. Thanks again for your help.
Hi Charles, I looked at the diagram links before and again at your suggestion but they don’t show specifically where the actual wires are routed from the B-speakers to the house Jensen radio. It was suggested that a call to Winnebago could help in identifying where to look for possible wiring disconnects. It appears I’m not the only one with this issue so Winnebago may have already addressed this occurrence with others and actually have a solution. Let’s hope.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom