2015 Silverado 4x4 and my 2013 24rbs Bullet Trailer Need suspension suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CJAG

Hi,

Our trailer is about 4900 dry and my truck pulls it just fine. Works a little hard going up mountains but no issues otherwise. My only complaint is sometime on rough roads  (Especially when  going though big cities) the suspension is not very stiff in the rear...its more annoying than a problem.
Any suggestions on how to get it to ride better without breaking the bank?

I have had great success with the Helwig spring setup. Its an add on that takes a half hour at best to install yourself. I added the one spring addition.  I deal with a similar weight and towed with and without it for the same weight.

Not sure what "not very stiff" means to you.  Too bouncy? Suspension bottoms out on potholes or bumps?  Porpoising?

Stiffness is generally related to the spring load capacity, so adding an additional leaf or replacing with heavier springs will increase stiffness.  An add-on air spring is another possibility.  But if porpoising is the problem, a more capable shock absorber might do it.

Too much tongue weight can create a bouncy situation on uneven roads and in turn cause your steering wheel to feel lite in your hands. What type of hitch setup do you have now?

I have no swaying issues or major bounce. It seems not to recover very quick on rough roads we can feel it bouncing a little. I tow with my tanks dry, when i towed with my freshwater full it bounced a lot more.
I am going to do some research on the Helwig. Sounds like Boat Addict and I have similar set ups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom