2016 New Years Rally at Catalina State Park - Reply Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happy New Year to all.
An early dinner at local Mexican restaurant  Mi Tierras was a hit .  Terry took  photos of each table.  Sadly  Richard and Linda were under the weather and did not attend  festivities this evening but we will catch up with them  later!

We thank our hosts Margaret and Henry and Ken and Sheila for opening their rigs up to  the group for a  party tonight. Betty  provided games, Debbie provided a selfie stick and Ann provided the crayons. Someone  provided champagne and I enjoyed it !

Hike in morning at 10 am  ugh....

Attachments

• IMG_7740.JPG
    IMG_7740.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7741.JPG
    IMG_7741.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7742.JPG
    IMG_7742.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7743.JPG
    IMG_7743.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7747.JPG
    IMG_7747.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7760.JPG
    IMG_7760.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7772.JPG
    IMG_7772.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7781.JPG
    IMG_7781.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 44
Henry Wishard said:
d
  Same to you and Chrystal. Wish you guys were here.

Thanks Henry, wish we were there as well.

Looks like you guys brought in the New Year well.

Mike.

A few New Year Eve photos
Picture ending 850 is an attempt by Betty to get a selfie of herself and Sheila using Debbie's selfie stick. It failed as they were laughing too much. Later Debbie got in the act helping them, unfortunately that picture didn't turn out (I think I was laughing too much). But the whole thing was a really good laugh.

Happy New Years to all.

Ken

Attachments

• P1040845.JPG
    P1040845.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 37
  • P1040846.JPG
    P1040846.JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 37
  • P1040847.JPG
    P1040847.JPG
    205.3 KB · Views: 32
  • P1040848.JPG
    P1040848.JPG
    205.9 KB · Views: 35
  • P1040850.JPG
    P1040850.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 35
  • P1040856.JPG
    P1040856.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 33
  • P1040858.JPG
    P1040858.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 33
  • P1040859.JPG
    P1040859.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 39
Nice to see some familiar faces and new ones as well and that everyone is having such a good time.  It certainly brings back many wonderful memories of times past, and that is what you are doing now, making memories for the future.  Wish we were still with you all, but time marches on and all good things must come to an end.  In the meantime, hang on to the memories and the friends you are making.  They are such a blessing later on.

Daisy

Daisy said exactly what I was thinking.  We miss our "old" friends but enjoy seeing all the new faces.  I know this will be a good year because Terry is barefoot.  I become really concerned when he wears shoes!  ;D

Here is a panorama photo of the Saguaros that were along side the trail on our New Years Day 2016 morning hike.

JerryF

Attachments

• Saguaros (M).jpg
    Saguaros (M).jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 51
After hiking on a  beautiful day we decided we needed to eat again.  So off we went to  Marisco Chichuachua's for some  Mexican Seafood.  We had seafood gumbo, grilled shrimp, fish tacos, shrimp cocktail, chicken fajitas and lots of extra garlic!

We were happy campers! 

Attachments

• 20160101_123721.jpg
    20160101_123721.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 40
This hearty group of hikers met at 10 am to hike on a New Years morning.  A beautiful day with a beautiful group of friends.

Attachments

• IMG_7785.JPG
    IMG_7785.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 50
This is a really good picture!!  Glad y'all enjoyed the 1st day of the New Year.  Hopefully there will be many more days like this where we can join in on the fun. 

Just a reminder that some of us are going to the Kitt Peak Observatory tomorrow at 9 am.  If you are interested pack a lunch and you can follow us. 

Sheila

As the festivities at Catalina have once again come to an end and everyone is off on their own merry way, I'm once again grateful for having had the opportunity to share a good time with some good people. I thank you all for the part that each of you played in making this week such a great success and I look forward to the next time that our paths cross. Godspeed, y'all.

We did miss the fun in Catalina this year, but family duties wound up taking our attention.

I am not sure what the paper plate and sharpie is doing with Henry trying to write on his head,
but it did look to be entertaining.

Good to see AZ Randy out and about.  How did he manage to get Debby away from the grandbaby?
I assume they brought him out to show him around.....

Looks like a good time.  Especially missed Mexican Food at Mi Tierra.  It's always good.

Look forward to seeing you all in Big Bend. . . .

The Big Larry & Loretta

THE-BigLarry said:
I am not sure what the paper plate and sharpie is doing with Henry trying to write on his head,
but it did look to be entertaining.

The Big Larry & Loretta

Oh  Larry, You asked for it!  I see a  "game" in the  Big Bend Future!

Go get'im Betty!  Betty is the best activities director for any rally.  Even when you think you can't possibly have any fun contributing to her madness ... you will.

So I tuned in to get destinations of those leaving Catalina, but no one has posted them here.  Where did you all go, or is that posted somewhere else?  Curious minds want to know........

Daisy

Daisy said:
So I tuned in to get destinations of those leaving Catalina, but no one has posted them here.  Where did you all go, or is that posted somewhere else?  Curious minds want to know........

Daisy

Daisy
We, the Brewers and the Fitzgeralds are at Indio FMCA rally. Jeff, who had to cancel Catalina, joined us also.

So far it's been cool and rainy but it looks like the rain is over.

Say HI to Fred.

ken

Thanks Ken.  Didn't realize the FMCA was so close to the first week.  Usually around the 15th or so I thought.  Wondered if you all went to Peg Leg Pete or where
Have fun and buy lots of cool stuff.  Those vendors are depending on all of you....... ;-)

Daisy

Ah, thanks Richard.  Sorry you had so far to travel....  And to all of you I'm sorry you had such a cold week there.  I think that must be a first.  Hope it warms up for QZ, though I remember a few of those times there were quite cold as well.  Well, we can just take the good when it comes, and endure the bad when that comes too.  RVers are extremely resourceful.  ;-)

Daisy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom