2017 Prism water pump question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John F

I have a Prism 2017 with a extremely noisy water pump that is located nest to the fresh water tank on a shelf, is there a way to quiet this pump down as it is noisy enough to wake the dead.

Attachments

• Flojet Water Pump.jpg
    Flojet Water Pump.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Prism Water Pump.jpg
    Prism Water Pump.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 2
There are several things that can be done to help. Part of the problem is that the vibrations from the pump are transmitted by the PEX water lines through the RV to act much like the sound box of a guitar. What I have done is to mount the pump to rubber floor mat material and then put a second layer of mat under the screw heads holding the pump, and fasten the two layers of mat to the floor. I don't have pictures any more but doing that eliminates any solid mount between the pump and the floor. Amazon now sells a kit to do essentially the same as what I did.

You can also eliminate the transmission of the pump vibrations to the Pex plumbing with flex couplings such as these from Amazon.

There are several things that can be done to help. Part of the problem is that the vibrations from the pump are transmitted by the PEX water lines through the RV to act much like the sound box of a guitar. What I have done is to mount the pump to rubber floor mat material and then put a second layer of mat under the screw heads holding the pump, and fasten the two layers of mat to the floor. I don't have pictures any more but doing that eliminates any solid mount between the pump and the floor. Amazon now sells a kit to do essentially the same as what I did.

You can also eliminate the transmission of the pump vibrations to the Pex plumbing with flex couplings such as these from Amazon.
Thank you for a great response very detailed more than I expected. Will try this when we come off the road nest month.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom