2018 28Z House battery breaker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Annie2020

Hi,
I have a 2018 Four Winds 28Z. I arced the battery while trying to remove it. Now I have no interior power from the house battery when it's reconnected. Customer service says there is a breaker reset switch under the coach that needs to be reset. I have looked from one end to the other and can't find it. Does anyone know where it is?

Thanks

Many are auto-reset. Sometimes it just smokes them. Mine was about 5 feet down the positive wire, right under the front of my travel trailer. Probably looks like this.

edit: double check what amp devise you need, should be stamped on your breaker.

Thanks for the reply. The photo I received from customer service shows a blue and a yellow button on the breaker. It's supposed to be 4' from the positive wire and the use/store switch but I sure can't find it.

Thanks again I appreciate you taking the time.

It might be in a small electrical box. Can you follow your positive wire from the battery box, where does it go? I just realized this is a Class C rv, might be different than my travel trailer.

It might be in a small electrical box. Can you follow your positive wire from the battery box, where does it go? I just realized this is a Class C rv, might be different than my travel trailer.
Hi,
I have been all over underneath this thing, followed every wire I can see, no luck. Very frustrating. Thor sent a diagram that is worthless. Still hoping someone will share this hidden wisdom with me.
Thanks

I arced the battery while trying to remove it.
While this won't help you find the breaker you are looking for, as a future thing if you always remove the battery cable from the negative battery post first, you will not have the arcing problem.

If you can post a copy of the photo that Thor sent to you it may help folks here to figure out where to locate it.

No photo attached to the previous posts. Exceeded the size limit, perhaps? Are you trying to use the Attach files function to upload, or the Media URL (pointer to another online site)?

Another possibility is that there is a reset button on the converter/charger (or inverter/charger), or possibly a pair of 12v fuses (reverse polarity protection).

I have been under every inch of this thing and I cannot find the breaker.
There must be sombody out there with a 28Z that knows. Not in or around the battery compartment, Not in or around the Main Panel, Not in or around the generator, Help. Thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20220928_201825042.jpg
    PXL_20220928_201825042.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 9
You might take a peek at this Thor forum page, it's dedicated to your class c. I'd bet someone with your specific model would know more details Good Luck
click

edit: attached is a picture maybe of help. Also, you didn't hit your battery disconnect switch did you?

Attachments

• breaker.JPG
    breaker.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 2
Thank you. Mine is supposed to be a reset breaker with a yellow flag and a blue reset button.
No on the disconnect switch

It isn't. The battery disconnect is right next to the step above the battery box. I took the plate off and looked inside but couldn't see where the wire goes down below. When looking from under the coach the wire is hidden by a metal plate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom