2018 Expedition towing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mllama

We are upgrading our Wolf Pup to a larger travel trailer. I’m looking at the Jayco 24BH. We never fill our fresh water when travel because we go to mostly KOA’s.
Is this too much for my truck. Thank you.
EIGHTS
Unloaded Vehicle Weight (lbs)
View Definition
Dry Hitch Weight (lbs)
View Definition
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (lbs)
View Definition
Cargo Carrying Capacity (lbs)
View Definition

I looked hard at the Expedition to replace my YukonXL, I found that many / most of the numbers were not there. You gave us way to little info to begin with. For starters, is it MaxTow and EL, and what is the payload (carry capacity listed on a yellow sticker in the Drivers door). The basic version and it's shorter wheelbase does not play nicely with TT that are looking at. I ended up ordering a F150, and that Jayco is approaching the upper end of what I'd do. If you are simply flatland towing to destinations under 200 miles, it's a maybe. Tell us more about your EX

It’s a Ford XLT. Standard tow pkg.

Attachments

• E5609F0C-65DE-47F6-B640-0A03AC2D44C5.jpeg
    E5609F0C-65DE-47F6-B640-0A03AC2D44C5.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 2
At 7000-7500 lbs, it appears that 24BH is going to be exceeding the Expeditions towing capacity, even when empty. Unless you have the Expedition with the optional 3.73 rear axle, the trailer max is going to be about 6000 lbs (that's the loaded trailer weight). You are good on the Expo's cargo capacity, though.

Back
Top Bottom