2018 Fun Finder Dometic Refrigerator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elusive60

So yesterday I brought home my new travel trailer. I just got it all set up and plugged in this morning . I turned on the refrigerator and left it for a little while. When I returned about an hour later it was making a loud noise. The refrigerator was running but I don't think I can handle hearing this noise all night. I am taking the trailer back to the dealer for repairs that I hadn't noticed during my walk through. It's a BRAND new travel trailer. Is it supposed to make such loud noises? My mothers frefrgerator doesn't in her travel trailer!
Thank you I thought I had seen this topic before but I can't find it.
Elusive60

An RV absorption refrigerator should be silent. Ay worst, a faint hum if it has a fan behind it, but that would not be noticeable except in the dead of night when the surroundings are silent as well.

Can you tell us what model Dometic fridge?

Brand new trailers frequently have issues.  The manufacturer throws them together, assuming the dealer will find and fix problems.  The dealer sells them, then will fix the problems after the buyer complains.  Warranty will cover the costs, but you tow it back to the dealer and are without the camper until they get done.

Unfortunately, that is the way it is.

Known "issue" with the side vented Dometics. Seems with the RV manufacturers push to put fridges in the slides, there's no longer roof vents to allow a natural chimney effect for hot air to vent, so they're putting thermistor controlled fans in the units. Only problem is those fans seem to have been bought from the lowest bidder.

Taking it to a Dometic service center either gets you "no problem found" or a replacement fan that will exhibit the same symptoms. Real fix is to swap the fans for computer fans that are quieter and can take the heat, but it (a) Requires removing the fridge to change, and (b) voids the Dometic warranty. Catch 22 here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom