2019 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gregr819

Hi all,
I'm new here. I've traded my TT in for a Minnie Winnie 31K motorhome and decided to tow my 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk.
I have mixed reports about whether I need the wiring harness for the electric power steering. It was an early model, at the dealer on 2/12/2018. It has a first edition owners manual that says it needs the harness, but the newest fourth edition doesn't even mention the harness.
So now what?

I have a 2018 Trailhawk. Love it. Some people report a serious “wobble” can happen, but we have towed >36,000 miles without issue. We have seen reports of updated wiring harnesses from Chrysler, but they have just recently come out and the installation instructions are causing issues. We are of the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” mentality. You may not be, your choice.

Sorry I can't help on this issue, I have read online that some early 2019 Cherokees may need the flat tow wiring harness. I did the install of the wiring harness on our 2017 Cherokee as a DIY project, along with base plate, tail lights, etc. Hardest part was contorting to access the can bus terminators under the center console, as they don't give you much slack wire. Also if you do it yourself, when you pull the fuse box apart, when you think the screws are loose enough, they are not, keep unscrewing, then unscrew some more. The screws catch and pull together multiple layers, once undone all the way the tray will lift right out..

I tow a 2019 Trailhawk purchased in late sept 2018 with no wiring harness. I had the dealer verify this with Jeep. I would have your dealer check with Jeep and have them check using your vin nbr.

Hi all,
I'm new here. I've traded my TT in for a Minnie Winnie 31K motorhome and decided to tow my 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk.
I have mixed reports about whether I need the wiring harness for the electric power steering. It was an early model, at the dealer on 2/12/2018. It has a first edition owners manual that says it needs the harness, but the newest fourth edition doesn't even mention the harness.
So now what?
You do not.

My dealer didn’t know that when I got mine so I had them install it free as part of the deal. Never used it because I learned by the time I could get baseplate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metsman5
Back
Top Bottom