2020 Rubicon wheels and tires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allegro Bus

Just bought a 2020 Rubicon and removed the stock wheels and tires. BFG all terrains LT285/70R17 mounted and balanced on Rubicon alum. wheels (no TPS). $1100 for all five wheels and tires. $800 for tires or $400 for wheels only. Located in Apple Valley, CA.

Pictures available.
George (714) 319-5530 

Nice.  I had BFG on my 1993 Cherokee - they were a great all around tire. Outperformed a lot of other similar guys simply based on the merits of that tire. Especially the wet grass and underlying clay like soil we get around here and KY. Mostly trails and towing dirt bikes to riding areas.

I stupidly put Hankooks on my 2012 Liberty - Worst tire ever.  Very slippery in the rain/wet and all but useless on light mud wet grass - never again. I can't wait to get rid of them...

I don't think you can generalize about the suitability of a given tire brand for various driving conditions. BFG, Hankook, and every other major manufacturer makes different model tires for different purposes. If you buy their racing slicks, you ought not to complain about lack of traction in mud or snow.  ;)

Hankook's entry in the All-Terain market is the Dynapro, which comes in several sizes and variations. I have no personal experience with that model.  I've used the BFG TA on a big SUV, though, and it handled most conditions well but was very noisy on the pavement.

Back
Top Bottom