2021 curved shower door problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pat T.

Hi everyone I don't post every often but i have a 2021 flagstaff 26fkbs camper that has curved shower doors that keep coming off the top track. I have tried to adjust the top wheel assembly which i thought raised the door and figuring that would bring up the bottom rollers. i don't see any broke rollers in the assembly. I am not sure how to adjust the up and down movement so it can't come out of track. Has anyone had this problem or know hot to repair it. I have looked on internet but can't find anything about how to adjust the doors for my problem
Thanks Pat

Do the bottom rollers adjust or have a bracket to prevent the top from jumping out of the track?
Need pictures to fully understand your predicament. I did find some info online, just do not know what would apply to you.

I will get some pictures of new ones. Camper in storage so it might be a little while before i can get pictures of shower door . Hopefully you can tell how to adjust them by seeing the new ones
Pat

Look at the "Members Online" list on the right, someone should know, we can only try but info/pics are key to a correct answer!

This is the new rollers and it looks like the bottom roller locks under the track
and the top roller is adjusted down so that it tightens the lower roller. I have already adjusted the upper roller as far as it will adjust and the door still comes out of the track.

Those are the same that my B&S curved shower had... the bottom ones are spring loaded and if the top ones are not 'locked' into the channel somehow, I would suspect rolling down the hyway, some bumps could jostle the top rollers out of the channel.
Maybe ask at the stealer for an answer or manufacture a thin strip at the top to prevent them from jumping out of the channel.
Some type of locking mechanism for the top rollers/door while travelling?
Sorry, that is all I got...

Good luck!

This is the inside of shower door where the bottom roller assembly is at. I am thinking that maybe the spring in bottom has soap or dirt in it so that the spring if froze up and not keeping pressure on the the door. Guess i will have to take it apart and see if I can find something. A thin strip of metal sounds like something i need to look into also. The thing is that the first two years it didn't have any problems. This last year it came out 2-3 times.

Attachments

• IMG_1139.JPEG
    IMG_1139.JPEG
    67.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Most residential shower door would have a nylon bottom guide pin on bottom, no spring. Some manufactures are now installing a screw on top guide that you adjust upward toward track. That prevents the roller from jumping off the track. I can't tell from picture, but it looks like the top roller has a screw in center. If you tighten that screw does it extend up past rollers? If so, It's necessary to adjust that to prevent jumping from track. Maybe post more detailed pictures of track as well.

the bottom roller has a spring that that pulls the bottom roller up into the track. the top roller does have a screw that adjust the top roller down into the upper track. I have the screw screwed all the way up so that the rollers should be sitting in the track. Either there is a broken part that i can't see or the main track is bent some how. Going to take it apart in a few weeks when I get it out of storage. Just trying to get some idea what might be wrong and if anyone else had this problem. I will post what i find. Seems like i have problems that are always different

mostly when going to the road. the other day i was sliding the door and it came off the track. i was at a rv show in springfield illinois and was able to talk to a factory rep and he had the factory get ahold of me. i sent a video of what was going on and he is suppose to look into the problem and get back to me. From what i saw at the show with the type of shower door I had there wasn't as much up and down movement as mine has. So i am going to try and find out why mine has so much up and down movement .

mostly when going to the road. the other day i was sliding the door and it came off the track. i was at a rv show in springfield illinois and was able to talk to a factory rep and he had the factory get ahold of me. i sent a video of what was going on and he is suppose to look into the problem and get back to me. From what i saw at the show with the type of shower door I had there wasn't as much up and down movement as mine has. So i am going to try and find out why mine has so much up and down movement .
If the track is just a simple aluminum channel, maybe you can cut a strip of flat aluminum stock and lay it in there as a shim to take up space and make a tighter fit.

could be the header is too high and needs to be lowered. it could also be that the header and bottom track are not parallel or a combination of both.

it might be helpful if you take several measurements and have that handy when the factory calls.

well got a chance to work on the shower door and had all the rollers to replace all of them. Changed the bottom rollers on the door and couldn't believe how much difference it made in tightening up the door. Could not see any damage in the bottom rollers when i looked at them. So i was going to replace the top rollers because i had them and after i got one off found out the the rollers that they sent me had the larger roller on it. So now i am doing the waiting game again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom