2021 GMC 6.6 diesel 4X4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do you want to tow?

check the yellow sticker on an example truck at a dealer and see what the payload is. Subtract the people and other stuff carried in the truck and also a couple hundred lbs for a hitch. Now you know how much pin weight you can carry. Plan on 20% or more of a trailer GVWR.

then, figure out floor plan and tell us what you want.

really, there are way too many variations out there.

oh, did I mention floor plan?

Another thought.

Which GMC truck are you talking about (Not that many people here have brand new trucks)?
For example, my SIL has a Ram diesel 4x4 and I have one too.
His is 2500 Laramie and mine is a 3500 Longhorn. Neither is a dually. Very different towing abilities.

Another thought.

Which GMC truck are you talking about (Not that many people here have brand new trucks)?
For example, my SIL has a Ram diesel 4x4 and I have one too.
His is 2500 Laramie and mine is a 3500 Longhorn. Neither is a dually. Very different towing abilities.
I want a GMC 2500HD with a diesel and 4X4. I'll go by a dealer and look at the yellow sticker. How much does your's weigh and how much is pin weight. I was looking at a Grand Design Solitude 34" but am also looking at a GD Reflection like yours.

There are HUGE differences between a 2500 and 3500 with respect to payload and if your planning on getting a 5er get a 3500 and pay the extra $1000 cost for the 3500 and recieve about 1400lbs extra payload over a 2500
A dually will give you about another 1400lbs over a SRW 3500

What Steve said! A friend of mine is going through this right now. He has a 2015 Chevy 2500 Duramax. Tow rating 17,000 but payload 2,200. He's looking at 5th wheels in the 15,000 lb range but the numbers won't work for him, unfortunately.

I also agree with at least a 3500 srw minimum if you are considering fifth wheel hauling, and maybe even a drw. You would be disappointed in the payload of most 2500s.

Payload on the ‘20+ GM 2500/3500 had increased significantly from previous generations and there isn’t the crazy difference between the 2500/3500 that there used to be when the artificially kept the 2500 GVWR at 10,000 for registration purposes even though they were significantly more capable.

Let’s assume you are wanting a High Country/Denali as they will have the lowest payload you are looking at around 3100lbs for the 2500 and 3600lbs for the 3500.

Back
Top Bottom