2021 Quartzite and KOFA Rallies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Quartzsite rally is at La Posa South which is a right turn on 95. The Kofa get together are a left turn off of 95 on King Road 30 miles or so south of Quartzsite.

And Dan, if your comment was addressed to me, I would prefer having nothing to do with party types of possible. Yup, I can pick up and move if it gets rowdy, but I would rather be pro-active and not be there at all if that?s the reputation of the place. I remember someone?s comment about how crowded Thanksgiving weekend was. Crowds aren?t my cup of tea,

TonyL said:
As you pull off the road, there is a small office where the park officials will relieve you of your money. Be advised, they only accept cash and in 2020 it was 40$ for 14 days, which is renewable and includes access to fresh water, dump station and garbage disposal. As you head south on the 95 towards Zuma, look for mile marker 102, turn right into La Posa.

I guess I was confused as to where this ?office? is and which thing the payment was since I thought the most recent discussion was about Kofa on NYE, not Quartzite?

The office where you pay is located at a small building where you pull off hwy 95 when going to the Quartzsite campsite. Camping at KOFA is free with a maximum stay of two weeks.

Kev

Pam,, not directed at you,, and when have you seen 541 "rowdy & party"?? easy to spread out and live at your own pace..>>>Dan 8)  ( The rowdyest I've seen 541 is trying to get a word in edgewise around the campfire.)

Dan, I know Q will be fine. Worried more about Kofa where we would like to spend our first week before going to Q. Oh well, guess we can just roll in and check it out. If it is too full, we will go to Q.

We will be late this year,, we will start a two week stay in Yuma on the 11th of Jan, and return to Q about the 25th for at least a month or more..>>>Dan

Pam,

We might join you at KOFA for the week if you let me know what you end up doing. I am currently working on reserving something in a campground close to there for a couple nights before New Years Eve to do laundry and take care of tanks after traveling for a few days.

Vicki

We will be there either 2 or 3 January, depending on weather. It would be nice to see you two again. I will let you know if anything gets in the way.

Do you have GPS coordinates for where you usually set up at KOFA? As we have never been there and would be arriving on the 1st ahead of you, not really sure where we are going. I?m sure we can find the general KOFA area, but you probably have a preferred area.

TIA and safe travels.
Vicki

If you search on Kevin Means name you should be able to find his very good directions. The preferred spot is on the north side of King Road, but it is sometimes already occupied. If so, just find a spot big enough for both of us, and we will look for you. There actually is decent Verizon service at Kofa, much better than at Quartzsite, so you can note where you are on this post.

Hi Vicki. If you go to this discussion area http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,129660.0.html you'll find the directions to where we normally camp. Just a heads-up though... it's free BLM camping, but you're only allowed to camp in a site for two weeks in a 30 day period, then you have to move at least 30 miles if you want to stay on BLM land. The rangers DO enforce it at KOFA. We've been contacted by them after only a few days - as a friendly reminder.

Kev

Thanks Kevin. I did find the directions. If we stay just a week and then move up to Q, there shouldn?t be any problem coming back down around the 22-24 of January with everyone would there?

shorts said:
Pam,

We might join you at KOFA for the week if you let me know what you end up doing. I am currently working on reserving something in a campground close to there for a couple nights before New Years Eve to do laundry and take care of tanks after traveling for a few days.

Vicki

Just saw this because I've been on the road, so it might be too late.  Try Park Place RV park on Riggles Ave in Quartzsite.  I know they have a lot of empty spots this year(including mine now).

Old_Crow said:
Just saw this because I've been on the road, so it might be too late.  Try Park Place RV park on Riggles Ave in Quartzsite.  I know they have a lot of empty spots this year(including mine now).

Thanks Wally. We already have reservations but appreciate the recommendation.

Vicki

Getting Close!  We are in Benson, and will start heading over mid week.  Want to get oil change on the way, and an overnight probably in Goodyear.  That will get us to Q on or about Thurs Fri time frame.  Anyone there yet?  Any times planned to arrive? 

Assume no potluck, but campfires with appropriate distancing should be on.  I'll see if I can get some wood. 

Any other musical interests?  I'll have my Dobro along, not ready for prime time, but a little jamming is always fun.

We have a short shopping list for the tent, hopefully can get in there and get out on the swift side.

Will there be any Jeeping?

Hoping yo pop over to Kofa afterwards.

Happy to see that some members are at Q.  I'll be arriving next Sunday, Jan. 17.  No one has mentioned happy hour snacks, but I'm planning to bring a few.  Hope this doesn't infringe on folk's Covid avoidance practices.

Looking forward to seeing folks.

Linda

If all goes according to plan, this time next weekend I'll be headed that way.  We came back to Arkansas in 2 days of driving, but I don't plan on pushing that hard by myself.  Hopefully someone will still be there when I get there,

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom