2023 Northwood RV Rally - La Grande, Oregon Tuesday June 20th - Sunday June 25th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adam/

Well its time for the 21st annual NROA rally!
The date for the rally is always the same - rally is first Tuesday following Fathers Day

We will be gathering at Grande Hot Springs Resort as we do each year.

The 2023 Rally fee will be $65 per trailer plus $9 per person for the Baker City excursion.

The rv park contact # (541) 963-5253 and they will start taking your phone & online reservation Jan 1st 8am.
The Rally sign up form will be available up until June 1st when any sites not taken will become available to the general public. Link to rally form click HERE
(If for some reason the link does not work then email me nroa2003@yahoocom and I will reply with it attached.)Contact them directly to make arrangement for a site. When you make your reservations make sure you tell them you are attending the Northwood Rv rally. Site rates $68.25 (tax included) is the rate without a discount and $63.00 (tax included) is the discounted rate (Good Sam, AAA, Military, AARP). Weekly rates are $378 (tax included) which is 6 nights at the discounted rate and the 7th night is Free. Reservation requests for the weekly rate need to be made for the full week, our system will automatically calculate the price to include the free night. There is space for 75 units and it's a first come first serve so get your forms into me early.

After January 4th, all online reservations will need to be sent as a direct email, as the online booking system will be blocked to prevent over-booking. Link to the parks Contact Us page.

If the rally has filled up, the RV park is in charge of starting a waiting list, as each year there are some cancellations. If you are interested in being on the waiting list give them a call. (541) 963-5253. If there is an opening they will call in order of the waiting list. If you do not answer they will hang up and call the next person on the list. No message will be left. I know this sounds harsh but is does not work out to leave messages. If you are bypassed due to not answering then your name will go to the top of the list in the order of called but not answered for the next opening that comes about.

Please read below so very important!

The park will hold your spot for 30 day but if I do not have your form in my hand within that time period the site reservation will be cancelled and available for the next person who calls. So make sure once your get that site reserved you get that sign up form and rally fee payment to me. If you do not have a sign up form then email me ( [email protected] )and I will attach it to my reply.
I will also email you a confirmation once I receive your form in the mail so you know it arrived safely.

Come enjoy meeting new people and reconnecting with past friends.

Early bird Activities for Monday.

Monday – 19th
Activates available each day

Gonzo Golf - This will be a family friendly event involving a golf club and a tennis ball (they will be provided for you). Not a real tournament, but play at your leisure until Friday afternoon. Even at 2am... Fighting on the course will cost you.... T's and Holes will be marked (sort of). Most holes will be 6-9" diameter and flagged... Turn in your best score to the can in the eagles nest by Noon on Friday as the winner will be announced the social gathering.
5:00 arrival
- Pre-rally Dinner at Bud Jackson’s sportsman bar and grill. You can view the menu online by clicking HERE.
Contact/Address info = 2209 Adams Ave, La Grande, OR 97850 541-962-7858

Tuesday – 20th : Arrival day

10am – Gift bags will be ready to pick up in the Eagles Nest building

1:00pm - Bingo in Eagles Nest building

6:30pm - Welcome gathering - Rally Overview & Introductions in the Eagles Nest - First off I will be giving you all info about what's going on during the week and answering any questions you may have. Then we will all introduce ourselves. Show up wearing your name tags!

8:00pm- Campfire (Weather permitting)

Wednesday – 21st

9:30 – MorRyde Vendor presentation in the Eagles Nest

1:30pm - Ice Cream Social - Meet at Eagle Nest. There will be Ice Cream (limited sugar free vanilla as well) with all the fixens to make a great sundae as well as all kinds of fresh fruit. Come and enjoy some great time together! Bowls, napkins & Silverware are provided

2:00pm - White Elephant gift exchange (location at park to be announced) You don't have to participate; you can watch the fun but HAVE to bring something if you want something. This activity has become quite popular/lengthy so this year I will be limiting the gifts to one gift per RV site, no exceptions.
You give a wrapped gift and you receive one. The most fun ones are those where people are getting rid of something they don't want or use (new or in good shape is preferable) or an unwanted Christmas present. If purchasing something for this please keep the gifts worth to under $10.00. Could be a vase, knickknack, cd's, Tire pump, Purple Pig, Arctic Fox fix-it-kit, anything like that.

6:30pm Movie night - Once again will be showing the Long, Long Trailer. Popcorn will be provided but you will need to bring your own beverage

8:00pm- Campfire (Weather permitting) 9:00am

Thursday – 22rd

9:15am – A day in Baker City.

Baker Heritage Museum & the Historic Adler House plus take a walking self guided Tour of the Downtown District (brochure will be provided).

2:30 – Northwood trailer sealing clinic. Plan to attend this most important clinic as keeping your trailer sealed up will protect your investment.

5:30 Potluck Dinner - Coffee will be available. Please feel free to bring what ever you want, whether that be a main dish, vegetable, bread or dessert. Variety is the key to a good potluck! Take your dish with serving utensil to the canopy behind the Eagles Nest. There someone will direct you where to place it. Now return to the main building and have a seat for some brief announcements before you are excused by rows to serve yourself.
Plates, napkins & Silverware are provided.
Also label food dishes if they contain, nuts/dairy/soy/shell fish/mushrooms or if gluten free

7:00pm – Game night

Friday – 23th

9:00am - 11:00am Skymed - in the Eagles Nest presented by Bruce and Pauline Pokallus from SkyMed will be doing a presentation for Emergency Travel Evacuation. Its quite an impressive program, please come on down to the Eagles nest and give them some of your time.

12:00pm – Northwood BBQ in the Eagles Nest – Northwood & crew will be hosting a BBQ. Show up wearing your rally tee shirt as we will be doing a group photo before we eat!

2:00 – ARPRV - Paul and Mao Unmack are practitioners of engineering science that have committed themselves to RV safety. "We are not sales people, we do not push product you do not need. We at Fridge Defend hold paramount the safety, health, and welfare of the public". Come learn about the Fridge Defend product signed to prevent Domestic and Norcold fridge fires.

7:00pm - Social Gathering at The Eagles Nest gathering building

Saturday – 24th

9:00am - 11:00am Ladies Social Gathering and Crafts in the Eagles Nest. Everyone’s welcome. Please come on over and see what's going on. Bring your own project, sewing machines, crochet hooks or any other things you might want to work with during this time or just come by to chat as this is more about socializing and connecting then any thing else. Besides the more the merrier!

9:30 – Vendor presentation

1:00 -

8:00pm- Campfire (Weather permitting) Let all get together around the final nights campfire and share our last night together.

Sunday – 25th

8am - Potluck Breakfast

Clean up and depart - Please all that can, pitch in and help us clean up the rally building after breakfast

Additional seminars still to be confirmed
Torklift
ARP
Lippert
RVelectricity

Adam, welcome to the RV Forum. I love rallies. I'm wondering if any RV Forum members are familiar with NROA Rallies.

Thank you for the welcome. The Northwood RV Owners rally's were started 21 years ago as a way to say Thank you for the support to people who purchased this companies product. Also to allow the owners to interact with the people who design and build these units. Over the years its been fun to bring people together with so many different activities from providing excursion to so much of the area's history to many discussions from so many RV product reps and just good old fashion sing a long's around the campfire.

Max, people with Northwoods RVs probably know about the rally. There is an owner’s forum on another site I frequent that talks about it frequently. I think it is great Adam is bringing it up here too.

I had a 1999 Arctic Fox 26x I purchased in 2000 from a wrecking yard in Phoenix. It had been in an accident that flipped it onto it's right side and it survived remarkably well. Other than tearing off the awning the only damage was to the hitch (the coupler twisted) and a couple of holes in the exterior Filon, which I patched with fiberglass and epoxy like you'd use on a boat hull. Inside there was a gash in the interior ceiling where the corner of the bathroom door was driven into it when the body flexed (it came back to square), a crack in the narrowest part of the counter top around the sink and scuff marks where the TV hit the wall. Everything else survived, the body and frame were square and the slide worked perfectly, although the refrigerator failed about 6 months later. I replaced the coupler, gave it a good cleaning to get rid of the desert dust and it served me well for 10 years.

I wanted to take it to the factory so the crew could see how well their work held up but never made it to one of the rallies.

Thank You for sharing your story. If you would of made it to the factory you would of seen the photo with the story of the Nash that was on its side in the waiting area. It did suffer some road rash damage but the box was still intact and not scattered all over the highway.

Just an update, Torklift mfg will be attending to demonstrate some of their great products and answer any questions you might have.

Got another email from Torklift asking if they could do a murder mystery show for us to join in. I replied back absolutely, I think this sounds like a lot of fun! So I will keep everyone up on its progress as they send me more info.

Was finishing some of the details with the director of the director of the Heritage Museum for our tour in Baker City and as a bonus at the Heritage Museum, there will be two separate displays that have been built by the Interpretive Center since they are closed for renovations also they will have a ranger here to tell stories and answer questions.

Ok rally schedule updated for Wed June 21st @ 6:30pm - Come join in and learn some fun Line Dances or just come for the great exercise! Our line dancing instructor Dani will be teaching us how to line dance. If you already know how come join in and help guide us newbies! You do not need a partner to Line Dance but feel free to encourage your fellow rver's to come and have a lot of fun. Plus, you get exercise without realizing you are actually exercising. This activity will be at the Eagles nest building.
Feel free to bring any liquid courage or just a drink to stay hydrated.

For those history buffs here is a LINK to the history of line dancing.

MORryde sent me a flyer with what they will be covering during the presentation.

Attachments

• 2023 Morryde05102023.jpg
    2023 Morryde05102023.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 1
Ok all the vendors have now confirmed so here is the final schedule of events. Drive safely and will see you there!

2023 NROA Rally Schedule

Monday – 19th
early arrival activities

Big Tops going up! Those of you who arrived early come on down and lend a hand.

Gonzo Golf – This activity will be available to play Monday through Friday and is a family friendly event involving a golf club and a tennis ball (they will be provided for you). Not a real tournament, but play at your leisure until Friday noon. Even at 2am... Fighting on the course will cost you.... T's and Holes will be marked (sort of). Most holes will be 6-9" diameter and flagged... Turn in your best score to the can in the eagles nest by Noon on Friday as the winner will be announced at the social gathering.

5:00pm - Pre-rally Dinner at Bud Jackson’s sportsman bar and grill. You can view the menu online by clicking HERE.
Contact/Address info = 2209 Adams Ave, La Grande, OR 97850 541-962-7858

Tuesday – 20th : Arrival day

7:00am - Coffee/Tea/Coco available in the Eagles nest

10:00am – Gift bags will be ready to pick up in the Eagles Nest building

1:00pm - Bingo in Eagles Nest building

6:30pm - Welcome gathering - Rally Overview & Introductions in the Eagles Nest building - First off I will be giving you all info about what's going on during the week and answering any questions you may have. Then we will all introduce ourselves. Show up wearing your name tags!

7:00pm- Campfire (Weather permitting) Hosted by Vern & Sharon – Attend and meet your fellow RV’ers. Smore fixens will be provided.

Wednesday – 21st

9:30am – MorRyde Brendan Aukerman Presentation in the Eagles Nest building. Come to this seminar and find answers to questions like. What can MorRyde products do for me and my RV. What products does MorRyde offer and much more!

11:00am - Kleen Tank - Presented in the Eagles Nest building. Tank sensors not working, strange unpleasant smell from your tanks. Clogged RV toilet, a slow draining system, or just annual maintenance on your RV’s waste system, Kleen Tank is fast, economical, and safe for the environment — and your RV. Come to this seminar and learn how to care for your holding tank system.

1:30pm - Ice Cream Social - Meet at the Eagles Nest building. There will be Ice Cream (limited sugar free vanilla as well) with all the fixens to make a great sundae. Come and enjoy some great time together! Bowls, napkins & Silverware are provided.

2:00pm - White Elephant gift exchange weather allowing will be under the big top (inside eagle nest if weather is bad) You don't have to participate; you can watch the fun but HAVE to bring something if you want something. This activity has become quite popular/lengthy so this year I will be limiting the gifts to one gift per RV site, no exceptions.
You give a wrapped gift and you receive one. The most fun ones are those where people are getting rid of something they don't want or use (new or in good shape is preferable) or an unwanted Christmas present. If purchasing something for this please keep the gifts worth to under $10.00. Could be a vase, knickknack, cd's, Tire pump, Purple Pig, Arctic Fox fix-it-kit, anything like that.

6:30pm - Come join in and learn some fun Line Dances or just come for the great exercise! Our line dancing instructor Dani will be teaching us how to line dance. If you already know how come join in and help guide us newbies! You do not need a partner to Line Dance but feel free to encourage your fellow rver's to come and have a lot of fun. Plus, you get exercise without realizing you are actually exercising. This activity will be at the Eagles nest building.
Feel free to bring any liquid courage or just a drink to stay hydrated.
For those history buffs here is a LINK to the history of line dancing.

7:00pm- Campfire (Weather permitting) Hosted by Vern & Sharon – Attend and meet your fellow RV’ers. Smore fixens will be provided.

Thursday – 22rd

10:00am - Leave RV park @ 9:15am – A day in Baker City. (Self Drive) Baker Heritage Museum (2480 Grove St Baker City, OR) & the Historic Adler House (2305 Main St Baker City, OR) plus take a walking self guided Tour of the Downtown District (brochure are available at the Baker Heritage Museum).

2:00pm – Northwood trailer sealing clinic. Plan to attend this most important clinic as keeping your trailer sealed up will protect your investment. Approx 20min in time depending on how many questions are asked. Will be in front of the Eagle Nest building.

3:00pm - Factory tours - Meet at Northwood's main office 59948 Downs Rd La
Grande, OR
Directions = West on HWY 203 to Pierce Road.
Turn right onto Pierce Road toward airport. - Turn right onto Airport Lane (first road after crossing the railroad tracks). Take the third left onto Downs Road - Look for the white two-story building on the left.

5:30pm Potluck Dinner - Coffee will be available. Please feel free to bring what ever you want, whether that be a main dish, vegetable, bread or dessert. Variety is the key to a good potluck! Take your dish with serving utensil to the canopy at the end of the Eagles Nest building. There someone will direct you where to place it. Now return to the main building and have a seat for some brief announcements before you are excused by rows to serve yourself.
Plates, napkins & Silverware are provided.
Also label food dishes if they contain, nuts/dairy/soy/shell fish/mushrooms or if gluten free

Friday – 23th

9:00am - 11:00am Skymed - in the Eagles Nest building presented by Bruce and Pauline Pokallus from SkyMed will be doing a presentation for Emergency Travel Evacuation. Its quite an impressive program, please come on down to the Eagles nest and give them some of your time.

10:00am - RV & Northwood Trivia under the big top – Come test your knowledge of NROA, Northwood and Rving. (weather allowing)

12:00pm – Northwood BBQ in the Eagles Nest – Northwood & crew will be hosting a BBQ. Show up wearing your rally tee shirt as we will be doing a group photo before we eat!

2:00pm - Movie - The Long, Long Trailer inside of the Eagle Nest building. Popcorn will be provided but you will need to bring your own beverage

7:00pm - Social Gathering at The Eagles Nest building hosted by Torklift with fun games/activity
Bring your favorite beverage and glass along with an appetizer with serving Spoon(plate/napkins/silverware provided) Chat with your fellow RV'ers

Saturday – 24th

9:00am - 11:00am Ladies Social Gathering and Crafts in the Eagles Nest.(Weather permitting) Everyone’s welcome. Please come on over and see what's going on. Bring your own project, sewing machines, crochet hooks or any other things you might want to work with during this time or just come by to chat as this is more about socializing and connecting then any thing else. Besides the more the merrier!

9:30 – Torklift Come hear about the history of this
Pacific Northwest company and see some of their products. To be held inside the Eagles Nest building.

1:00 - Last chance Bingo - held again in the Eagles Nest

Sunday – 25th

8am - Potluck Breakfast

Clean up and depart - Please all that can, pitch in and help us clean up the rally building after breakfast

2023 Rally Group.jpg
2023 is our 21st Rally!!

Welcome everyone! I see lots of faces I recognize, but a lot of new ones too.

It's going to be a fun year.

We came in Friday and have been working on set up. Many, many thanks to Ed, Randy, Rick, and their lovely wives for helping us set up the Big Top. It took some muscle to get

the legs under it, and to drive those support posts in. AND these guys VOLUNTEERED to not only help, but on Father's Day.....above and beyond!!!

Monday we set up the rented canopy at the end of the building which was a learning experience....Luckily DinoDave and his wife Jene' happened a long and we may have roped them in....It was like 4 monkeys hanging on a ladder to accomplish the last part, but we did it and had a few laughs along the way.

Doug from the factory has been bringing in display units most of the day, Gonzo golf is

set up, bug zappers are out (yay!) now we're ready for the fun part-seeing all of you guys!

That evening we met at Bud Jackson's Sportsmans grill and had a pre-rally dinner. I think about 40 or so showed up. It was fun visiting, and getting to know each other. We sat with Mike and Judy from Canada, and really enjoyed getting to know them.

The weather today has been interesting, we've all been watching the storm cells pass

through, and one or two may have gotten us pretty wet.

Tuesday morning and coffee is on!

I heard a group of ladies are heading to Union to the fabric place there.

Adam did early bird Bingo and 4 games were played. Peter Crosby walked away with a new solar panel! Maybe I should have played...lol

At 6:30 pm we all gathered in the building and did a meet and greet.. Everyone introduced themselves, we have a few from Florida, Bob Nelson came on his motorcyle with a side cart. His sweet dog Beatrice was the sidekick. We had a few Ducks fans, and when Neil Rylander introduced himself his wife Marilyn popped up from the back of the room and yells "there you are!!" Too funny. Zachary even brought his family again this year. He's grown about 2 feet! We're thankful they made it this year, without a blown engine like last year. Just a flat about 30 miles out this time. Next year will go perfectly guys!!

After meet and greet we had a good sized group out at the fire with Vernon and Sharon.

There may have been a few s'mores too!

Each morning Adam goes into the building and makes sure everything is stocked, swept/mopped, cleaned and straightened. I know Dave Thomas helped at least one morning, so thank you Dave!! Wednesday morning brought a few vendors. We had a class from MorRyde with a lot of good information, and immediately following was Kleen Tank. This was a first time having Kleen Tank. It sounds like several signed up and are going to keep him busy for a bit.

At 1:30 was the ice cream social, and the White Elephant Gift Exchange came right on

those heels. I'm afraid to say the Purple pig came back again for at least the 10th year!! The support bra came back too. Some of the gifts included a large jar of M&M's (that was stolen as many times as possible) a couple of collapsible tables, a fake hook up post, a super soft blanket with campers all over it, and sooo much more. Lots of laughs because again this year everything Sharon would open got stolen, so I think she had to come back up about 4 times!

At 6:30 Dani led a line dancing class that went over very well. Some may have had a little liquid encouragement, it just made for some good laughs.. There were many out there trying their hand, but Randy was total entertainment for all, he had his own set of moves! Go Randy!

Another day was wound down out by the fire. Adam joined them late, but I was too tired.

On my way to the trailer I was surprised with a home made mincemeat pie by Shelly Berryman. All I can say is WOW. It's been years and years since I've had one of these, what a treat!! She makes her own mincemeat too. Thank you guys! What an incredible group of people, we are so blessed.

Thursday started with coffee in the building, I've seen a few wander in and out. It's a little warmer this morning, and the sun is shining.

At 9:15 we headed towards Baker City to the Baker Heritage Museum, and the Alder House. There was a self guided walking tour of the historic buildings in town too. One member had some truck troubles, and Adam tried to get them into a local shop, but no one was able to help so they hopped in his Suburban and ran to the parts store and next thing you know both Adam and Jim Baranek were under the hood, and it was fixed! Back up and running! What a wonderful family we are!

Back at the park the trailer sealing with Northwood was at 2pm, and following that was the factory tours. We had a show of hands later, and it was a good group at the factory tour. Sounds like they did a wonderful job. Workers were even introduced.

At 5:30 it was time for potluck. We were running a little behind, Greg, and Norman jumped in and just handled everything, they did a fantastic job, and it was a big help. Thank you guys!! I think there were 5 tables full of food, and no one walked away hungry. There are always great cooks in camp. =)

We wound down another evening at the campfire. Mosquitoes were out last night and tonight, but a slight breeze picked up and we enjoyed visiting until about 10.

Friday started, and we no longer need a jacket. First of the week was breezy and chilly, but the weather has been nice to us, and now we are getting great temps and sunny days.

Skymed started us today with donuts for all.

About 10 am Adam did a Trivia under the Big Top. Out of 19 questions Gene Schlegel was out winner with 16 correct. By the time we finished Trivia Northwood employees were showing up. At 11:45 we all gathered in front of the trailers and did our group pic. Time for lunch! Northwood had a new caterer this year, and I thought they did a really nice job. There were 3 different salads, chicken and ribs along with garlic bread.

Donald did a small speech afterwards, and each employee was introduced, then magically

the group pics arrived (they are always so fast with that!) and we handed those out.

At 2pm we showed "The Long Long Trailer" with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez. That movie always goes over well, and there were several laughs throughout. Many thanks to Marie as she is always showing up to help out. We managed to pop popcorn for everyone to enjoy with the movie.

At 7:00 pm 3 of the guys from Torklift came and did a rendition of "Name that tune." We had a combination social hour with snacks, drinks, and "Name that Tune." They did an awesome job,and I think everyone enjoyed it. The first prize winner who seemed to know ALL the songs......Zachary!! He's what ....16?!! Nice job Zack. Second prize was a very nice fold away double bench seat that went to Norman.

We also closed out the Gonzo Golf and the prize for that went to Lonny and Susan Lee. This is their first year here, so we are happy to have them. =)

We ended yet another night out by the fire with Vernon and Sharon. Mosquitoes were REALLY liking me, so we didn't stay long. What a fun day with everyone though.

It's Saturday already! The ladies set up in the "tent" out back, and we had quilting, felting/sequins, counted cross stitch, and crocheting going on. I may have missed a few

projects, but it was fun to sit and visit while each person worked on their project.

Torklift set up in the building and started at 9:30. As always did a great job presenting their product and included a 47% discount to celebrate their 47th year in business.

At 1:00 Adam did last chance Bingo. Afterwards all the guys pitched in and we took down the big top. We have another year coming to a close....=(

They got the big top down just in time though, the skies were looking a big ominous, and we got a few short showers.

That evening we had a small group by the fire. Many thanks to Vernon and Sharon for keeping that ready each night. We love visiting with them, and after some health issues we are super happy they could join us again this year.

Sunday morning brought a breakfast potluck, and then clean up of the building, and taking down the rental canopy.

Another year comes to a close, and we'd like to thank each of you for taking the time out to come and join us for the week. Life brings us all kinds of ups and downs, but it's a wonderful break to visit with all of you, and to create happy memories.

We wish each of you the very best over the next year!!

Adam & Donna

Back
Top Bottom