24' Class C versus 24' Class A for solo traveller w/2 dogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For me, the biggest advantage a class C has is; almost any auto repair shop will work on the engine area.
Plus, since they are based on standard van chassis most drivetrain, windshield, and cab parts for a Chevy or Ford Class C are available anywhere. And those parts are much cheaper as are their light truck tires. Lots of stories in this forum about not being able to find parts for older Class A's.

Thanks for all the great answers. As for "old" I wouldn't buy anything more than 2015 and with more than 50k miles. I see the advantage of the Class C for working on the engine. Anything I buy will be thoroughly vetted before I hot the road, and I will put $$ to make it mine. "You get what will work for 2 dogs and a human who are cooped up inside for a week straight due to bad weather." I will try and plan around weather but I am lucky that my dogs are very cooperative indoor dogs. We spend 8 - 4 everyday in one room as I work and they sleep (they get a 1 hour lunch break and pee).Panny pic.jpg

Only you can know what you & the dogs need for your personal space, but even a tiny apartment is much, much larger than a 24 ft RV. You are talking about maybe 150 sq ft, much of which is taken up with furnishings (bed, toilet, front seats, stovetop, etc).

For me, the biggest advantage a class C has is; almost any auto repair shop will work on the engine area. A class A presents problems some auto repair shops are not willing to work with, like having to work in the living area and on carpeting.
That would be my only reason to opt for a class C MH.
They also have a lower profile, sometimes overhead clearance is a challenge in a class A, even on urban streets. Here in Plano most of our main E/W and N/S arteries are 6 lane, I have to keep to the inner two lanes to avoid overhanging trees which I'd easily clear in a class C. In parks if you get off the main arteries the side roads can be treacherous for extremely low hanging branches, some would take an A/C off and easily shear antennaes and the like.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom