49 cc scooters in quartzsite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They work just fine - lots of people use them to zip around the traffic backups.  Dust isn't enough of a problem to require anything special other than giving the scooter a good cleaning after you leave.

slumbert55 said:
how well will scooters work around there. should i do something to the air clearners?

Re; Air cleaners..... When you get out of the dessert.... Clean or replace (Depending on the type)

You should have seen the K & N filter on my towed  It was a MESS after QZ

thank you for the advice, I'll have to see what kind of air cleaners they have on them ,they should arrive this week. I'm glad they are used out there. with weather like that we should be able to use them a lot.

slumbert55 said:
how well will scooters work around there. should i do something to the air clearners?

Quartzite is covered by what geologists called desert pavement.  It is a "lag deposit" caused by the fine sands blowing away and leaving behind  a cover of large pebbly fragments which interlock into a paverment.  Dust will not be a problem because most the dust is long gone history.  Fine material is present in only in stream courses and gulleys. 

That is why the area so good for RV boondocking.  You will encounter more dust in the Los Angeles Basin than in Quartzite.  ;D

Carl Lundquist said:
  Dust will not be a problem because most the dust is long gone history.  Fine material is present in only in stream courses and gulleys. 

That is why the area so good for RV boondocking.  You will encounter more dust in the Los Angeles Basin than in Quartzite.  ;D

Oh Carl, have you signed on with the Quartzsite Chamber of Commerce :) :) ;D

I have attached a photo of my toad in Quartzsite this past winter. I don't know what that is covering it but I had the same on my RV and the engine compartment after arriving off Hwy 95 with a clean RV and toad!!!!!!

I also remember some discussion here on forum about maybe we should have a rally in some other place without all the dirt and dust!

Everytime I am out there I have to come home and hose off the engine compartment in my motorhome and car.

Bob

Attachments

• IMG_0345 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0345 (Medium).JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom