5 gallon black tank? (Problem pinpointed: a hole on the tank)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

windt

Hi guys,
I just got a 21ft class c motor home 2008 coachman freedom express. After adding like 5~6gallon of water to the emptied blk tank from toilet, i see water coming out from the viechle bottom, which I believe is the sign of the tank being full. (Also the indicator says full). I did add ~20 gallon before, all water ran out from the same position.
I'm wondering how could my black tank be so small? Does any one have the same motorhome?
And anyone has upgraded the blk tnk? I mean mount to the bottom instead of the portable ones (portable ones is not towable on highways).
Thanks in advance.

Sure sounds like a blockage, and being a 2008, probably is not emptying as it should.

Sure sounds like a blockage, and being a 2008, probably is not emptying as it should.
But water/waste still flow out to the sewage. You mean some residue stuck in the tank? Hmm, the guage says 1/3 empty after each disposal, still sounds too small right? Anyway, let me double check the tanks size, hopefully it is ptinted on the tank.

Do you seem to get a partial good dump? Something or someone may have dropped something in the toilet. Don't trust the gauge, they rarely work correctly. If the tank sat and dried out with solids inside, then migrated towards the outlet, it could cause such issues as well. I have an endoscope that works well with the iPad. https://www.amazon.com/DEPSTECH-Wat...ld=1&keywords=endoscope&qid=1624048769&sr=8-3
Thanks for the reply. Does that work with iphone? My ipad fell into water and done... Btw, i find a hole on the side of the tank... That's the main cause...

Yes, works on iPhone. Hole in the side of tank, explain more. That would not stop it from draining, only filling.

There are people who can repair those tanks but it isn't easily done. Just how it will need to be repaired depends on the composition materials of the tank.

What is the size & location of the tank hole? If it's something small that was perhaps caused by a puncture, there's a possibility it can be repaired with Eternabond or similar tape designed for that purpose. If it's something larger/longer along the seam of the tank that indicates failure of the materials, that might be a different story. Although that seems unlikely on a 2008 rig.

When I replaced "The Flusher" with a better tank rinser it leaked so I removed it and slathered GOOP MARINE sealant/adheasive That stuff is amazing... There are other products I've used on small holes in other (Gasoline) tanks like Seal All (Basically 1950's Duco Cement) that seem to work well as well. I'd slap a square of Eternabond on it after it sets.

Back
Top Bottom