50 amp Surge protector question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CJAG

We have a 50 Amp Surge Guard Model Number 44270. We down graded from a Class A to a 30 amp Trailer. If I get an adapter for the Surge protector will it work on my 30 Amp trailer?

Yes. When I purchased my Progressive I got a 50 amp model for my fifth wheel which is 50 amp. We then purchased a truck camper, which was 30 amp, and was able to use it there. We moved it back and forth between campers

After reading posts I am going to step up and Buy a progressiveMS-PT30X RV Surge Protector. Low voltage seems to be a bigger issue with rvs.

After reading posts I am going to step up and Buy a progressiveMS-PT30X RV Surge Protector. Low voltage seems to be a bigger issue with rvs.
Very wise decision except I would buy the 50 amp. You may go bigger with a RV some day and you’ll be all set up if it’s a 50 amp.

So get it with the adaptor? And when I go to spots do I plug into the 50 amp panel and then put the adapter at the bottom of the protector?

Cjag. You will need 2 adapters if you're at a 30A only site. You need a 30A male to 50A female between the post and the guard and then a 50A male to 30A female on the output of the guard to plug your cord in to.
If youreon a 50 amp site, you can plug the guard in to the pedestal without an adapter and use a 50A male to 30A female on the output from the guard.

Back
Top Bottom