5er's Been Hit, Need Repairs, feedback please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elm_tx

Hey Y'all,

I would really appreciate y'alls input. Three months ago we bought a used but Very well maintained 2001 36' New Vision 5er. It was in Perfect shape. I have had it out camping once, and was planning to go to Lake Conroe TX next weekend. Yesterday I went over to check on it and do a few things, while there I saw that someone had hit it. I cannot for the life of me figure out How they hit it as I'm backed up close to a fence with other towables close to me, but that does not matter at this point.

Attached are 4 re-sized images of the damage just to give you an idea of what the damage looks like. It's not horrific or anything massive, but it's enough to truly hack me off and does need to get fixed.

I'd like to know if anyone has any opinions regarding repair shops in the Houston, TX area. Camping World and Holiday World are relatively near by. Reputation wise, is one usually better then the other? I'm sure there are other places around as well, I'd like to hear about them as well. I'll most likely pay for the repairs out of pocket as opposed to taking a chance on hacking off my insurance company unless it's real expensive. I'd really like to find a place that has a good rep at doing a great job at a decent price. But first and foremost, a Good Job.

I need to get it fixed and be ready to head out to the NASCAR races in Ft. Worth by the first weekend in November. I would really appreciate hearing about experiences that others have had.

Thanks
Eddie ???

BTW, I tried to attach the photos, I received an error stating the server storage area was full and to contact the admin. If anyone really cares to see the pics, pls let me know and I can send them to you. Thanks!!! :-\

Attachments

• 1s.jpg
    1s.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 2s.jpg
    2s.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 56
First, sorry to hear about the problem. Old people who can't see and shouldn't be driving is one cause:) At least it was the cataract guy that hit me last year...parked in the middle of a lot. Pictures would be helpful. The panels are expensive to replace. If you have insurance, or know the person who hit you, get some estimates. I do my own repairs, so can't advise of a particular repair center...
Again, bummer ::)

Oops Eddie, took my eye off the ball, sooorrry. You should be able to upload those photos now. Just Click Modify on your original message, then click Additional options.

Eddie,

I don't know where your damage is or if you are handy. Here's a sidewall repair carried out by forum member Robert on his friend's 5th wheel.

Edit: Just looked at the photos and it appears that the article probably won't help.

Ok, having looked at the pictures it appears the rig is still sound structurally and can be used while awaiting repairs.

So, it is time to call the insurance company.. And they can deal with the storage facility.. And hopefully the culprit can pay for it.

Looking at where the damage is and considering that you you are new to driving the rig, is it possible that you didn't (see) consider the sweep of the trailer rear? It's a real easy mistake to make, I've done it, not as bad though.

Nelson

Generally, given the size of those dents, I'd suspect he'd know if he was pulling or backing the trailer and hit sometihng.

However,  Note the use of the word "Suspect" which means I'm not sure, since I'm not him

N Smock,

I agree with you, when I first saw it I started thinking what the heck did I hit, what you said was the first thing through my mind.

However, the last time I had it out was in late July, at which point I pulled it home to get Satellite hooked up. Had I hooked something while driving, I would have ripped the back off as well, not just crush the side in. Other then that, I did no maneuvering where I was just swinging it from side to side.

I was really hoping to get some feedback relative where to or not to take it for repairs. Holiday World is near by but can't get to it til the end of October and I need it for the first of November for Nascar races in Ft. Worth. Other then that my next choice (for no good reason other then I've shopped at Camping World) is the dealership associated with the Camping World in Katy.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'd really be happier if it was me, then I'd just be able to blame myself for being foolish and not have to worry about a repeat. ;)

Don,t know where you are located, but check some of the auto bady shops in your area.  Where we lived there was 6 or 7 that worked on RVs Regularly, including the Ford Dealer

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom