5th wheel toyhaulers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Opontee

Wife and I are looking to get one in the next couple of years (not to early to start looking). I see a lot of them I like. One of my biggest questions is how you  find out the bedroom height. Most I see are 6'4" and a few 6'6". Not all manufacture's put in their brochures this feature. I am 6'4" and a 6'4" bedroom height doesn't give me enough comfort room. And another question- are Forest River Vengance models any good? Reliablity? Construction? I found one that I could 1) mostly afford 2) like the floor plan 3) only 6'4" bedroon height ( but I could live with it for the price, most of my bedroom time I'm lying down).  We have been looking at the Voltage and the have 6'6" and the Raptor (I think it has 6'6" also), but the price is just out of my comfort zone.

My uncle is 6'3" and his bedroom is 6'2" and it doesn't bother him at all because like you said you're not doing much walking around up there.

With your height, I think you should be more concerned with the actual bed length. Manufacturers don't always specify but some beds are often shorter than usual, especially those that sit sideways to the length of the trailer and are within a slide.

Some do advertise as 'short queen' beds, some do not, but that is what is equipped anyway, Some are "cut away" to facilitate the slide having to come in and store. There is not usually a lot of walk around room in the bedrooms of many 5th's. In my trailer, anyone taller than 5'8 or so would find it difficult on the forward side of the bed where it is necessary to go up 2 more steps to reach that side, a head knocker for sure!!

There are some new designs where the living room is in the forward area with the bedroom in the rear, kinda neat, but for someone very tall it may not so practical as more time would be spent moving around up there than in a bedroom.

JMHO!!

Thanks for the reply's. The Vengance advertises "King" beds. There is only one other (can't remember wich one) that has a King bed. Most are queens. I guess I just need to look for the floor plan that I mostly like and go from there. :)

Back
Top Bottom