80 M very hot but . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DonTom

Not even one signal on the entire band except for my CQs.

Ham radio is a dying hobby other than all the stupid contests and other forms of 5 second QSOs they have almost every weekend these days.

It was so much better in the 1960's than it is these days--in every way possible, IMO.

I am getting out fine on 80M, as we can see from Reverse Beacon:

1719641685396.png

73, -Don- AA6GA, Auburn, CA

Field day was last weekend all the Operators are in recovery.. Those who survived that is (our club president almost did not but thankfully got his bod to air conditioning in time)

Download an app to your Comptuer or phone Netlogger Compuer windoze or linux)
or NetLogger companion (Phones)

List of nets and sometimes the frequency
Wolverine Single Sideband net. though I'm no longer active I'm memvber 330 Centered on Southern Michigan on I thin 3935 in the evening 2300 UTC is net start prenet aro und 22 or 2100

Not even one signal on the entire band except for my CQs.
Which band(s)? And I presume you are strictly referring to CW? certainly there is plenty of phone activity (SSB at least) on 40 and 20, and there are a number of digital modes in use too- some of our morning net members talk about how well 6M is doing, about contacts in Australia and Europe, etc, and QRM is an occasional problem too.

And our morning net (shown on netlogger as 40-CW) has some folks on 7121 for about 15 minutes or so before switching to the SSB net on 7128 (40-8ers) around 1300Z.

So while CW does seem to be declining, many other modes are still quite active, and far from dying there are plenty of QSOs through the day (at least on 20M and 40M), and often through a chunk of the night on 80M.

And John, thanks for the hint about Netlogger companion- didn't know it existed, so I've installed it on my phone and will see how it works. Netlogger is mighty handy on both Windows and Linux. And the (relatively) recent addition of SDRs helps a lot when propagation is a problem with 6-12 people across the country on the same net.

Field day was last weekend all the Operators are in recovery.. Those who survived that is (our club president almost did not but thankfully got his bod to air conditioning in time)

Download an app to your Comptuer or phone Netlogger Compuer windoze or linux)
or NetLogger companion (Phones)

List of nets and sometimes the frequency
Wolverine Single Sideband net. though I'm no longer active I'm memvber 330 Centered on Southern Michigan on I thin 3935 in the evening 2300 UTC is net start prenet aro und 22 or 2100
Yeah, I also wondered if many hams were burnt out for FD. But there is nothing near the number of CW ops as there used to be. And the few who are left are mostly into contesting, nets, SOTA, POTA, SKCC and the countless other types of ten second QSOs.

73, -Don- AA6GA, Auburn, CA

1719989200377.png
To many of these locations I have better than a 30 db SNR. Still, nobody on the entire CW band. I have no interest in SSB these days. But Perhaps I need a different hobby.

These days, most of the bands are dead both day and night. Not because of poor condx, but because so few CW ops these days.

Until there is a stupid contest. And I don't find that exciting at all.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Attachments

• 1719987604647.png
    1719987604647.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member