88 Pace Arrow Electrical Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fleetwood_Dave

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the RV world and am trying to repair an 88 Pace Arrow that I'm about to buy.

What's happening: When I fire up the generator, one of the AC units will run but the rest of the 110V system does not.

My assessment: With the help of a friend, we've located the faulty component, a burned-out relay. It has four leads running to it, so I assume it's a relay and not a capacitor. It's circled in the picture below. Do any of you know where I might find such a part (online or otherwise)? In the second picture, you can see a small heat blister.

I'd appreciate any advice you all could share.

Thanks!
Dave

Attachments

• RV1.jpeg
    RV1.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 19
  • RV2.jpeg
    RV2.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 20
In looking at your pictures, I highly doubt that is a relay as I have been in service work for 40 years and never saw a realy like that. In addition, I have not seen any RV wired to run everything in the 120v system through a relay except for one air conditioner. There probably is a relay type of device called an automatic transfer solenoid to select between the shore power cable and the generator, or most motorhomes do. Have you tested things with the RV connected to shore power? Also, does the RV have a 50a shore power cable or a 30a cable?

Dave,
Kirk is on the right track. If I also have never seen a set up like that, but I work mostly on boats. I think you need to fin a wiring diagram for that 88 Pace Arrow.... Best of luck.
Matt

I don't recognize the part number, but it looks like a relay snubber. they are typically used to protect the relay contacts when switching inductive loads like motors.

Hello everyone. Thank you for all of the thoughtful replies. They were much appreciated.

I received a service manual form Progressive Dynamics and learned that the part was a "bridge rectifier." The mystery is solved and we are now fully functional!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom