9 Best RV Resorts According To Travel & Leisure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for sharing this. Some very nice looking campgrounds and one is close to where we are now.

Thanks for posting and don't take this as any sleight against you but the hyperbole in the first 2 paragraphs kinda spell it all out for me.

"millions of Americans live full time in RVs"? - Really? What body keeps the statistic on that? Certainly the largest generation since the war (boomers) are mostly retired and retiring so there definitely has to be a natural growth of liveaboards. I don't really believe there is a huge surge of millennials dreaming about living in an RV the rest of their life. The ones I know want houses, have staggering debt and live 2 or more to an apartment sharing expenses and paying rent.

Sure there may be some that are "turned on & tuned out living in a commune" but we had that in the 60's - many of them are retiring investment bankers - LOL...

"4500% increase in RV rentals!" - I love these kinds of stats. It sounds so authoritative - LOL... 45 last year and 2000 this year or 1 million last year and 45 million this year - LOL...

Also "According to Experts" - LOL... Experts that received no incentives to write this article - LOL...

Sorry - I am just too super skeptical of these things...

Thanks for posting and don't take this as any sleight against you but the hyperbole in the first 2 paragraphs kinda spell it all out for me”
Since I didn’t write the article a sleight cannot be taken against me. I didn’t read the article. I just looked at the CG’s listed.

Thanks for posting and don't take this as any sleight against you but the hyperbole in the first 2 paragraphs kinda spell it all out for me.

"millions of Americans live full time in RVs"? - Really? What body keeps the statistic on that? Certainly the largest generation since the war (boomers) are mostly retired and retiring so there definitely has to be a natural growth of liveaboards. I don't really believe there is a huge surge of millennials dreaming about living in an RV the rest of their life. The ones I know want houses, have staggering debt and live 2 or more to an apartment sharing expenses and paying rent.

Sure there may be some that are "turned on & tuned out living in a commune" but we had that in the 60's - many of them are retiring investment bankers - LOL...

"4500% increase in RV rentals!" - I love these kinds of stats. It sounds so authoritative - LOL... 45 last year and 2000 this year or 1 million last year and 45 million this year - LOL...

Also "According to Experts" - LOL... Experts that received no incentives to write this article - LOL...

Sorry - I am just too super skeptical of these things...
I agree with you X.
The line I liked best was "But, as any longtime RVer knows, half the battle is finding a campground that has the amenities you need, the space you crave, and the views you want."
"battle?" Really a battle to find a nice RV park? A battle?

I don't travel in an RV so I can stay at the nicest RV parks. I am only staying in an RV park because it is close to the attractions I want to see. Nicest RV park I have stayed in was Fort Wilderness at Disney World. And it should be for the prices they charge. But I did not stay there for the beauty, I stayed there because it was much more convenient than at any other park.

Yup! 22 rentals last year and 1,000 this year... :sneaky:

“The line I liked best was "But, as any longtime RVer knows, half the battle is finding a campground that has the amenities you need, the space you crave, and the views you want."
"battle?" Really a battle to find a nice RV park? A battle?”

I would posit it can be a “battle”. Folks go ”camping” for myriad reasons; to visit nearby attractions, hunting, fishing, kayaking/canoeing, work, or to just to get away. Amenities could be a swimming pool, toilets, showers with hot water, hiking, golf course...I think you get the idea.

Last edited:
I agree with you X.
The line I liked best was "But, as any longtime RVer knows, half the battle is finding a campground that has the amenities you need, the space you crave, and the views you want."
"battle?" Really a battle to find a nice RV park? A battle?
Oh, yeah... When we arrive at the RV park my wife and I deploy the trebuchet outside.

Once we breech the walls the kids enter in their armor and broadswords and secure a pull through spot and the best deck chairs by the pool...

It's a lot faster than sieging the place and waiting until they run out of food.

Really? We're going to argue about the semantics of a hyper-fluffy click-bait article put out by the Travel and Tourism industry to generate traffic to their members, written by a third-year advertising intern who has probably never set foot in an RV?

I'm not really a cynic. I'm just really old.

Kevin

Really? We're going to argue about the semantics of a hyper-fluffy click-bait article put out by the Travel and Tourism industry to generate traffic to their members, written by a third-year advertising intern who has probably never set foot in an RV?

I'm not really a cynic. I'm just really old.

Kevin
We are not arguing, we are laughing.

Everybody has free will to scroll by the posts they don’t want to read.
Hum, how do you know if you want to scroll past without reading? ;<} But this is saying that you want to control the discussion,, or think like me.

Hum, how do you know if you want to scroll past without reading? ;<} But this is saying that you want to control the discussion,, or think like me.
I scroll by at least 90% of the topics. out of the 10% I do open I might comment on maybe 5%. I don’t know how many topics are posted here a day but to read every one seems like it would be a chore. :cool:

I scroll by at least 90% of the topics. out of the 10% I do open I might comment on maybe 5%. I don’t know how many topics are posted here a day but to read every one seems like it would be a chore. :cool:
Of course, I read up on Sunshine Key while camping in the upper Keys. If you are not aware of the campground Its located almost at the end of the keys. I drove right by them after commenting to several others with us.
For all the glitzy motorhomes which would probably have no problems paying their outragous costs for a naked several acres of flat land covered asphalt and stones, I am sure that place is considered one of the finest places to stay because of the view. All of these types of stories and recommendations are supported behind the scenes by subjective and monetary contributions.

As with many products on display on travel videos the writers rarely if ever pay for the experiences of the latest and greatest products. I think that probably sums up the sometimes skeptical replies, which is probably not against the rules for replying.

Oh, yeah... When we arrive at the RV park my wife and I deploy the trebuchet outside.

Once we breech the walls the kids enter in their armor and broadswords and secure a pull through spot and the best deck chairs by the pool...

It's a lot faster than sieging the place and waiting until they run out of food.
The word battle has many more uses than just for war. I know when I was full timing it was a battle to find a site at many state parks. I wanted to use a trebuchet, but I couldn’t find one and if I did I don’t think I could afford it. Broadswords are just too heavy, and you have to get too close, maybe a 9mm would be better. But we did have to breach the walls put up by the state parks (I was among the “forlorn“), and that was a battle!

I have stayed at one of the places shown, Rafter J Bar. Nice place, but it is in no way a “best resort”. I figured they were going to show places like Bella Terra in Gulf Shores which is truly a great place as long as you have the $200-300 a night the best spots go for. But I do agree it is just an advertising fluff piece that doesn’t even show RVs in some pictures, just park models.

I scrolled this list expecting to see a particular South Dakota campground listed, and boy was I shocked when they chose the Rafter J Bar. The Palmer Gulch KOA imo is a way better choice. They have a bunch of various kinds of sites, camper cabins, a hotel, shops, an on site rodeo, horseback riding, atv rentals, and so much more. Supposedly it's the second biggest KOA in America, I'm not sure which is the first.

On a more serious note - I trust Campendium reviews more than anything I'd see in print media.

I started with like google maps reviews but a ton of places are missing.

What are your goto review places?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom