93 range rover auto 4 down?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slumbert55

can a 93 range rover be towed 4 down. i went to remco but i don't have the software for there files so if some one knows if it can be towed 4 down and what about transfer case and trans. my tracker has to be in neutral on transfer case and park on the trans. it is an auto trans

Remco's vehicle chart for "LandRover motors" vehicles up to 2005 says "Most models are towable, see owner's manual". I'd give them a call at 1-800-228-2841 or email them at [email protected] to clarify what their chart says and specifically ask about the auto transfer case.

Alternatively, you could contact Land Rover at 1-800-637-6837 Monday-Friday , from 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

Meanwhile, maybe someone here is already towing one of these vehicles (?)

called land rover they didn't know and had me call a dealer in phoenix they said not recommended butdid not seem to know. called the numberfor remco and can't seem to get that number to work. ???

I got the phone number from Remco's web site. Maybe there was a typo on my part.  (It was the wee hours when I typed that.) Their site says that they receive 16,000 phone calls a month, so presumably some folks are using the other number I just saw on their web site: 1-800-228-2481.

With MANUAL transfer case in Neutral, you should be OK...same with discovery's up until the auto terrain crap. 95 and newer Range Rovers (the new body) have to have a fuse pulled to override the transfer case, or you will burn up the tranny for $7k. When i worked at a dealership, there was a salesperson who said go ahead to a new owner; was fried within 20 minutes!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom