93 southwind Rocker switches not working.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

93MsMary

Good evening. I'm new here and relatively new to rv ownership.  I recently bought a 93 fleetwood southwind that was working fine a month a ago. I turned the batteries off at the rocker switches above the entry door,  About 4 weeks ago. I went back recently to turn on the rig and the switches don't click. I don't hear them engaging in the BCC. I recently replaced the main battery but had it tested to make sure it was good. And it checks out.  I have replaced the ignition relay (solenoid) and the aux/battery solenoid. I've checked and replaced various fuses on the board in the BCC and under the dash. I've also cleaned battery cables and replaced several old ground wires that looked worn.  My head lights do work but I have no dash lights.  I've looked for a fusible link from the switches down and haven't found any.  The BCC is an Intellitec brand.  I am thinking of replacing the chassis battery disconnect relay.  Any suggestions? 

I had a ?92 Bounder and the low beam headlights would work with chassis battery disconnect thrown, and of course the ecm circuit. That was all. Sounds like you?re on the right track, but you didn?t mention any voltage readings. I?ll ramble on, below, maybe there?s something you can use.
  There should be fuses for both the chassis battery disconnect solenoid and the house batteries disconnect solenoid controlled by the rocker switches. On that vintage of Fleetwood, they?re usually located on firewall just to the upper right of the BBC, in my experience. I?ve only ran across one blown fuse ( house side) in my travels, but worth checking if you?re not getting 12 volts to the solenoids signal post.
    I run voltage checks on the solenoid hot side and signal side. If voltage checks out, but solenoid doesn?t pull in, I run a battery jumper cable from a known good battery to the hot side and a 12-14 ga. jumper from the hot side to the signal post to see if it will pull in. If it does, there?s usually a bad connection or cable some where. Remove small jumper and see if it will pull in with switch, for starters.
  Sometimes just tapping lightly on the solenoids will get them going if they?ve been sitting a awhile. You should be able to take your solenoids apart ( they corrode )and clean them if they are original. Most newer ones you can?t. If I read it right, you?ve replaced the chassis?s solenoid.
  Good luck

Thank you. I will be doing some voltage readings. This all being new to me sure is a learning process. I have not seen another fuse box other than under the Dash and the BCC.  On another note.    The battery disconnect is an intellitec relay 01-00055-000. I see this relay has fuses on the side of it when I look it up.  However. On my coach. Those fuses have been cut off of the relay.  I assume they must have a fuse somewhere.    Would you know If intellitec part 01-00055-002 would be a good replacement since it is a fuse less unit?  Thanks again.    I did replace the ignition relay and the aux/ start solenoid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Dunn
Back
Top Bottom