94 bounder leveling Jack's issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Croger152003

I am new to the full time rv life, with rent prices what they are this seemed like a decent alternative.

I have a 94 bounder 34j and the problem I am having is when I turn my hwh 310 system everything turns on fine, I get 1 yellow light, the not in park light is off, but when I press the extend buttons on all the jacks nothing happens, no pump noise, just a click on the control box and that's it.

I got underneath and I tried tracing the electrical and hydraulic lines back but I can not find the reservoir tank or the relays solenoids etc.

Has anyone worked on a 94 bounder who knows these locations or what the problem could be. I do avionics and to me this sounds like an electrical issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Since the leveling system is almost certainly not made by Fleetwood (builder of the Bounder) it would probably help to know what leveling system you have. If memory serves, it is by Power Gear, but my memory isn't that great. If I am right, Lippert now owns the product line.

Since the leveling system is almost certainly not made by Fleetwood (builder of the Bounder) it would probably help to know what leveling system you have. If memory serves, it is by Power Gear, but my memory isn't that great. If I am right, Lippert now owns the product line.
No its not made by Fleetwood, it's the hwh 310.

So my main problem is I can't find anything but the jacks, I don't know where fuse is and I can't locate reservoir. I did download the service manual but I just have no clue where anything other than jacks are the lines run into the middle and I don't feel super safe crawling in the middle without at least the jacks down.

Attachments

• 16561973070314599565251517592071.jpg
    16561973070314599565251517592071.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Shows you I should have gone with my first thought as I remembered it as HWH but found some information online that it was power gear. :unsure: In any case, what you are looking for will take a significant amount of space and it will look something like this one.
M1297.1.jpg

Shows you I should have gone with my first thought as I remembered it as HWH but found some information online that it was power gear. :unsure: In any case, what you are looking for will take a significant amount of space and it will look something like this one.
M1297.1.jpg
OK that will help, cause I had no clue what it looked like, lol. I'm thinking since the lines run to the middle it might be accessible from the inside engine bay.

I was looking for a cylinder I never would have found it. I'll see if I can locate it now.

So for anyone wondering, it is between the front and rear wheels mid chassis. Right under where generator is.

Mine looks like it had a major leak at one point the entire unit is covered in old leaked out fluid, I'm gonna have to drop it out and find out what the culprit is.

Where exactly on the unit is the dipstick to check fluid levels?

Attachments

• 16562044829663306302571664791311.jpg
    16562044829663306302571664791311.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 16562045384993234029994437880571.jpg
    16562045384993234029994437880571.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
From comparing what I find on the HWH website, I am sure that you have a 310 series leveling system. The equipment that you are looking for will not be exposed to the weather or to road splash & spray. I have seen them mounted under the RV hood area or inside of a bay, such as that shown in the second picture. Sometimes the valves are not right with the oil reservoir and hydraulic pump. The first picture may be the bottom of the reservoir.
IMG_1829_Realistic-X2.jpg

hwh-rv-hydraulic-leveling-jacks-manual-switches.jpg

I look for the simple things first.

There may be 2, 40A blade fuse holders near the pump/motor/reservoir, check those, if your system has them.
There is a HWH control box somewhere in the MH, mine is under the dash. That control box has 5-I think, fuses in one end of the box.
Also, some models have a fuse under the control panel.

Keep in mind over 80% of all 12V issues are the result of a poor/missing ground. Most HWH systems have multiple grounds.
If all fuses test good, and all grounds are clean and tight, and still no power to control panel, I would begin to suspect the control box.
The HWH FAQ webpage has information for sending it to them for testing and rebuilding if necessary.
HWH is very busy and presently under-staffed, if you call and leave a detailed message they will return your detailed message as soon it it comes up in the rotation.

Keep in mind over 80% of all 12V issues are the result of a poor/missing ground.
While I agree that a missing ground is one of the things that should be checked, as a career electromechanical tech, that has not been my experience. It is a fairly common problem, however. When you locate the control panel, by all means do check the fuses and do so using an ohm meter as they can fail but still look good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom