A/C blows warm...HELP PLEASE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kheren

Hi all, so our dometic a/c (roof mounted) is now blowing warm air, or room temp air. Our ?service? guy said if we can put a ?port? on it, he charge it up with freon for us (yes, will get new service guy). Does that even make sense though? My next question is ...a few months ago I replaced the thermostat and I can?t help but think I screwed that up somehow. Upon installation I did test it, but it was cold out so maybe the fan air just felt like the a/c was working? This time, I had my husband go on the roof and listen, he could not hear the compressor run. If in fact it?s out of Freon, could that cause the compressor to just not turn on? What can I check on my DIY thermostat replacement? A lot of questions, thanks for any help.

Sorry to say that RV AC units do not have ports to recharge freon. If you are in fact out of freon, that is exactly why the compressor will not run. In theory a port could be added, but for the expense, it wouldn't be worth it.

Thank so much for the reply, I was afraid we may need to replace it. I?m reading online that we can also check the capacitor ? I?m looking into that now as well, before the plunge.

You didn't say how old your AC unit was, but Marty's right - it's a closed system. Yes, someone could install a charging port and recharge it (if that's the problem) but I'd take a close look at the thermostat installation first.

It's been my experience that when problems occur immediately after I worked on something, it's usually because I screwed something up.

Kev

Yes, thanks, I?m leaning towards me screwing it up as well lol...though I?m not sure how to experiment with it. Heat works great and fan....ideas on wiring?

Well I just put old thermostat back on...works perfect, sigh. Also how do I find my own posts without searching keywords and flipping through many pages? Thanks.

Kheren said:
Well I just put old thermostat back on...works perfect, sigh. Also how do I find my own posts without searching keywords and flipping through many pages? Thanks.
Just click on your name above the avatar then click on "show posts" under your avatar.

Kheren said:
Well I just put old thermostat back on...works perfect, sigh.
Cough Cough, I'd rather be looking for a different thermostat than a different AC unit  ;) 8) 8)

Agreed! A definite relief! I was trying to go digital with a Honeywell...didn?t fare well apparently. Haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom