A/C problem - Shore Power Connected

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rutherford.ms

Montpelier or Surf City - it just depends!
We have had the RV plugged into shore power without any issues for a few days now. Running the A/C, TV, Fridge and the granddaughters had a great time "camping out" last night. Wife was running the sweeper this morning when everything shut off. I have checked that we still have 115 going to the RV so it's not a breaker issue (30 amp dedicated). This is a '90 Pace Arrow - Chevy chassis. I cranked up the Onan to see if I could start the A/C back up but no go. Fridge & TV was okay. Any ideas on where else to look, it seems like there might be a separate breaker for the A/C that I am overlooking?

Thanks!

You have a load center in the RV, just as in your home, that will have a breaker that has tripped.  You say everything shut off but then say just the A/C is off.  If all circuits are dead the the main breaker in the load center has tripped, if just the A/C then just that one breaker is tripped.  Find the load center and it should be obvious what the problem is.

Are you sure the RV and fridge are running on AC?  The TV may be a 12VDC and the fridge will run on propane if no AC is present.

While checking the GFI that Bob suggested, remember there may be a number of GFI's in your coach and they may not be in the most obvious places.

The A/C wouldn't be on a GFI protected circuit.

Ned,

Like I say to Chris, you're right again  ;D

Ned,

Not to change the subject on A/C, with the same scenario on Shower Power, if the fridge (electric/LPG/12 volts model) is tripped from the main breaker, will the fridge switch to 12 volts or LPG automatically while the RV is in shower power.

(I mean shore power)

If the fridge has an automatic mode, and it's set to automatic, it will switch to propane or 12VDC whenever 110VAC isn't available.  I'm not sure what the priority is for 12VDC vs. propane, as ours is gas or 110VAC only.  Removing AC by turning the breaker off is the same as disconnecting from shore or generator power as far as that circuit is concerned.

f the fridge (electric/LPG/12 volts model) is tripped from the main breaker, will the fridge switch to 12 volts or LPG automatically while the RV is in shower power.

Given that this is a 1990 RV, probably not. The fridges back then generally did not have the "automatic" mode that Ned mentioned and you have to manually switch from AC to LPG or 12V.

Rv's in the 42' to 45' range with 3 A/C units, is 50 amp shore power enough to handle these big rigs along with running kitchen appliances at the same time or  go ahead switch to generator power?

With 50A service, you should be able to use anything and everything in the RV at the same time.  50A is really 2 50A legs, or 100A total service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom