A dumping question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mimikat58

I’m fairly new to having an RV but I do know that when I dump at the end of our time I do everything from a pipe that hangs from the belly… I just observed a smaller camper at the dumping station who opened the door of their RV and put a hose inside as well as dumping from the belly… What did the hose inside do?

There are hose accessories designed to spray water from the tip for RV use and there is a shut off on the handle.
I'm not sure "hose accessory" is the right term, since the spray device you're referencing is built in, not portable with the hose. But for the OP, the hose attaches to a hose receptacle which feeds a spray device built into the black tank (not installed on all rigs) and sometimes a valve handle lets you also switch to one in the gray tank (much less common). This is intended to help loosen stuff adhering inside the tank, and also to just directly add water to the tank to help flush out remaining debris.

Usually the "shutoff" is done by turning off the water faucet- any handle is usually for switching between the gray and black tanks. HOWEVER, each rig manufacturer (and/or spray gadget manufacturer) can change things, so it's not always a "standard" setup, thus things may vary from rig to rig, as do so many other things.

Less expensive RVs do not have any built in sprayers. I had a wand type of thing that connected to a standard hose years ago. My current MH also does not have any black tank cleanout sprayers.

He was most likely using a flushing wand to flush out his black tank. Amazon has several different tank flush wands available. I use this one with our present small travel trailer. If you have access to the sides of ends of the waste tanks, it is very easy to install a tank flush kit into the RV.

Back
Top Bottom