a few questions :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luetzie

Hi,
Thanks for all of you who respondended to my earlier post about rv parks in WA and the northwest.? I am a student at Washington State University and I am in a class who is trying to do research for a rv park in Chelan, its called Lakeshore RV Park right next to Lake Chelan.

I figured if we had some questions we should come right to the experts, so any information you folks would be willing to pass on would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to start and ask:
? ? How do a majority of you folks hear about RV parks?
? ? Have any of you used pamphlets to help you decide which RV park to visit?
? ? What other forms of advertisements catch your eye?

Thanks for your help and like I said before any information would be wonderful. ;D

Sincerely,
Leah

How do a majority of you folks hear about RV parks?
    Have any of you used pamphlets to help you decide which RV park to visit?
    What other forms of advertisements catch your eye?

99% of my info on RV parks comes out of the Trailer Life Campground Directory.  I pick a park that is well rated near an attraction that I am traveling to see.  I could have just as easily been a Woodall's Directory fan but I picked up on TL first and have used it since.

If I were your friends I would concentrate on the two directories for the main advertizing dollar.  That and a good rating from TL/Woodall inspections. 

We carry & use both Trailer Life and Woodall's directories. They are our source for 90+% of our stays in campgrounds.  The rest we find online (internet searches) or friend's recommendations.

Added 9/23:  We also use the Passport America directory sometimes.

We pretty much do the same as Carl except when looking for a campground while en route we will check the Passport America directory first then trailerlife directory.

I have to agree with the previous answers.  We do look at the information from the state information centers and the area Chamber of commerce offices when we are going into a new area.  We have found a few RV parks this way but that is the exception to the rule.  In most cases the phamphlet seems to be a waste of money for us.

We use (not in any particular order) Trailer Life Campground Directory, Passport America directory, the Core of Engineers reservation web site (www.reserveamerica.com), the book Camping with the Core of Engineers, various web sites, and a set of draw files for Street Atlas with various categories of campgrounds and boondocking sites.

Never use pamphlets nor pay much attention to ads.  We also use references from friends.

We will choose/select a CG based on previous experience (if applicable), listing in Passport America and rating in Woodalls, usually in that order. Can't remember ever using a pamphlet.

What other forms of advertisements catch your eye?

Leah:

We have stayed at Lakeshore. It is a nice Park that is quite crowded during the nice months in Chelan and quite pricey for a public campground during the summer months. (Since it is crowded I'm not suggesting the city isn't justified with the current rates.)

I don't have my Trailer Life Directory with me and do not remember if Lakeshore has an ad in the directory but that is probably enough.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom