A handy GPS unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stray_bullet

I recently purchased a Garmin Nuvi 350 from Ebay. It retails at stores for about $899.00. You can usually get it on ebay at $695.00 new. The unit fits in your shirt pocket. Finds food, gas, Walmarts, Red Lobsters, Campgrounds, or any other business by name or address and gives you there phone number and maps to there door. I'm sure other models do the same, but for me the handiness of moving from my car to coach to motorcycle to walking downtown sold me. It is also extremely easy to figure out. Anyone interested in navigation i would reccommend this unit.

Brad

Brad,

How detailed are the maps down to street level and for bodies of water?  Does the map database include maps in Canada? 

Thanks for bringing the Nuvi 350 to our attention.

Steve,

The map details are extensively accurate in my opinion. I have not passed even a gravel road that wasn't reconized as of yet. My unit is even recogizing retention ponds, which amazes me. It does include Canada also. When I first started my research for a unit I thought I wanted the biggest screen availible. Garmin offered two huge panels for RV's which were interesting at first. However, after much thought, I decided upon the Garvin Nuvi 350 because of the size. It easily switches between my vehicles. At night I dont have to worry about a thief ripping it off because with one button I remove it from my windshield and stick it my pocket. Even at stops it just pops right off and in my pocket it goes. I can't begin to tell you all the neat gadgets it does, but I'll try and mention a few more. It is touch sreen which is wonderful. I can be sitting in Indianapolis, touch the screen two times, and have all the restaurants located on Fort Myers Beach, wow! Plus have their phone numbers. You can do the same with gas, motels(yuck), or any business. Once the unit is mapping you can touch the screen and move and slide the map in any direction. I'm also glad that i don't have to load maps into the unit. It comes preloaded. I have also decided to mount it on my bicycle at times. I have found that businesses that have opened within the last 3 months may or may not show up but I assume through updates at the Garmin site they eventually will be recognized. When it comes to updateing I simply plug into my puter and within a couple of minutes it is updated with the cables it was shipped with. The screen size is more than adequate even with my poor vision. There is more info at WWW.GARMIN.COM My Wife even thinks it is easy to use and she is a blonde, lol.........just kidding!

Brad

Thanks for the additional info on the Nuvi!  I'll check into it.

Wife even thinks it is easy to use and she is a blonde, lol...

Hey...I'm blonde too...er, at least I was ;D :D ::)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom