A Kiwi (New Zealander) travelling to USA/Canada for 5-6 months

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Packing snacks is a great way to save money at WDW. There are lockers for rent at the entrance to each park so you could pack a cooler, rent a locker and then find a picnic table when you are ready to eat. You are definitely not going to walk around with a cooler in tow, although I do occasionally see someone doing just that. Understand that returning to the motorhome for lunch is not really an option since that will take you at least 2 hours.

September of next year would be a great time to see the park since September is one of the least crowded months. You will need to make your reservations asap since it sells out quickly. Here is the crowd calendar for September of this year and you can see that there are a lot of days that are crowd level 2 and 3. Compare that to July when just about every day is an 8 or 9.

https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/crowd-calendar/

SeilerBird said:
Packing snacks is a great way to save money at WDW. There are lockers for rent at the entrance to each park so you could pack a cooler, rent a locker and then find a picnic table when you are ready to eat. You are definitely not going to walk around with a cooler in tow, although I do occasionally see someone doing just that. Understand that returning to the motorhome for lunch is not really an option since that will take you at least 2 hours.

September of next year would be a great time to see the park since September is one of the least crowded months. You will need to make your reservations asap since it sells out quickly. Here is the crowd calendar for September of this year and you can see that there are a lot of days that are crowd level 2 and 3. Compare that to July when just about every day is an 8 or 9.

https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/crowd-calendar/

Thank you, appreciate all the tips!

My wife and I traveled to all those places when we were doing our ten year road trip around the country.  I wrote a newsletter every month for family and friends, complete with pictures, describing what we saw and did each month.  I now have 115 emails sitting on my PC.  If there is some specific place, or event, that you would like information on, drop me a line and I'll send you the email about that place or event.
rvguy43, on gmail

I just wanted to add that we went ahead and did our trip as planned May 5 2015 to October 19 2015. 5 and a half months of amazing memories travelling to 37 states in an 8 berth Class C. Hubby and I are already planning returning in 2025 once the kids have left home.

If anyone wants to know what we did and how, feel free to message :)

Wonderful. Any photos from your trip you'd like to share?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom