A real good example of using a wet bath in a camper van, small trailer or truck camper.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I once owned a class A 28' 1976 Allegro MH with wet-bath, on a Dodge truck chassis. With a family of 5 - including 3 teenage daughters, shower time was a zoo.

Of course the problem with a wet bath
When you start your shower and it's going to be a while (you need to stay wet for a full 3 minutes. That's why soap foams up to keep you wet) and your partner... Needs to er... Sit a spell.

My toyhauler camper has a wet bath. It's not the worst thing in the world but it is a tight space. At 6 feet I actually stand above the shower head and darn near into the skylight/vent. I don't use it often, but it sure comes in clutch when I'm at a multi day music fest and I need to clean up after a few days.

We had a wet bath in the Casita we owned. There are lots of things you can do to make it easy to use. I admit I mostly used it with a wash basin and wash rag though. I learned how to stay perfectly clean that way by staying at my grandparent’s cabin with no running water.

Looks really cramped in that camper van, like someone has to go outside or stand on the couch or something for someone to walk past them??? And that shower curtain would be touching you while you shower. I like my bathroom with a regular shower!! And it can't be completely dry right afterwards as he said it is.

The Class C had an all-in-one/wet bath. 3 of us showered in the wet bath, one after the other. Once done, I ran a squeegee over the walls and floor, then laid a "floor towel" on the floor. The floor towel was a thickish small towel that was made to put on the floor in a normal bathroom. You may remember using one in a hotel/motel. I had a couple of them. The shower curtain was held against the door with a couple of bungie cords. That way we didn't end up with the shower curtain attacking us during showering.

The truck camper has a wet bath. My daughter and I do the same thing. The difference being that I removed the shower curtain and solid bathroom door. I replaced the door with a vinyl accordion door and tossed the shower curtain into the garbage.

Back
Top Bottom