A terrible day of fishing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FX

So...after the boat has been sitting in storage for a month or so, we decide to go out on the Delta and try our luck.  Once in the water we decide to just cruise out about 1/2 mile or so and try our luck.  After about 2 hours w/o a bite, we decide to move elsewhere.  We try to start the motor and DEAD :mad:  (motor wasn't on long enough to charge the battery) 
Several minute later, a boat comes straight towards us.  I look at the boat with my new binoculars and see it's a Sheriff's boat with 3 deputies on it.  One of them was looking at me with his bino's.
So they come up, check our license's, and really eyeballing our beer cans, and offer to pull us back once they patrol a bit further down stream.  About 1/2 hour later, they go by us and never even looked our way!  So, we finally get a guy to tow us in.  We approached the dock a bit to fast and slammed into the end of the ramp, bending one of the tips on my pontoon boat.  Oh, forgot to mention the 14,5000 btu propane heater discolored the end of the sofa fabric.
Also forgot to mention that NO fish were caught.
Even after all this, the old saying is true - The worst day of fishing is still better than the best day at work!

Sorry to hear about the bad day on the water. Just remember to charge the battery before you leave next time. Too bad about the burn from the heater; No way I know of to fix that.

It just keeps getting worse!
Been going out every weekend now targetting sturgeon.  NOTHING!
So I decide to book a spot on a party boat out of Martinez.  I will not name names, but the captain is regarded as the best sturgeon fishermen in Central Ca.  I thought if I don't catch one, at least someone else on board will, or at least a shaker.
Myself and 3 others went out yesterday and even though they popped up all over the fishfinder, we didn't even have a bit...all day long.  I guess it was still worth it though.  I got some good pointers and found out some things I was doing wrong...leader size for one. 
Anyway, I don't know how much longer I can keep this up.  All these trips and nothing to show, my wife is starting to think I'm actually having an affair - not fishing ;)    Not to mention all the money in gas, bait, launch fees, BEER.......

FX said:
Anyway, I don't know how much longer I can keep this up.? All these trips and nothing to show, my wife is starting to think I'm actually having an affair - not fishing ;)? ? Not to mention all the money in gas, bait, launch fees, BEER.......

Maybe you need to change your bait.  Have you tried hand grenades?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom