a used Newmar Ventana LE 4002

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whitneypaul

We are entering the fulltime world and think a used Newmar Ventana LE 4002 should fit our needs. Given our budget, we will probably have to go back to a 2014 or 2015. After searching dealer and RV Trader type sights I can only find two in the country.    Any suggestions on a better way to locate a coach is appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. I don't have an answer for you, but after a couple of days thought I'd at least let you know someone sees your post. No response here usually means no one has any answer for you, though.

Good luck.

Seems like the oodle site has listings for a lot of different dealerships, etc but I didn't see what you are looking for there either.

https://rvs.oodle.com/used-rvs/for-sale/motorhomes/

Just a suggestion: Over on the irv2 forum there is a "Classified" section up on the header page.  Under "Classifieds" there is a place to list "Wanted" items.  Might give it a try........ya never know.

Good luck with the hunt.............

Please check the Cargo Carrying  Capacity.  Some of the  Ventana LE 4xxx have little carryring capacity. The non LE model is better.  Full-time you need as much as you can get.

The very worst way to shop for an RV is to target one particular model and year and go searching for it. You need to find one that is close to you, in great condition, reasonably priced and ready to be sold. A very tough order. It is much better to just start shopping and looking at what is actually available to purchase in your area and find one that will fit your needs.

I have to disagree. We selected our current MH at a show, went to Lazy Days and they found one for us. Five years later its still suits us perfeftly. The difference is that it was our third MH and we knew what we wanted.

I would never recommend approach  to a new rv'er. You simply don't know what is available or what you will prefer. That said; we looked at  exactly two motor homes in the process of buying our first two and were quite happy with both. I did also look at a fifth wheel before them. It convinced me I didn't want one.

Ernie

If the 4002 floor plan is what suits you best go for it.  I'll bet Newmar has the same or similar floor pan in other models, though, and chances are other manufacturers have something close. The 4002 layout doesn't appear to be all that unique, but perhaps you have already studied other offerings.  Note: I just checked and the 4002 is available in the regular Ventana and the Dutchstar as well. Either of those models would be more capable (and a bit more expensive too).  Don't be afraid to go a few years older to meet your budget constraints.

As ferfer says, some of the previous years Ventana LE's had a relatively low CCC (Cargo Carrying Capacity), so check that out. I'd be looking for something north of 3000 lbs, preferably 4000+.  Some earlier ones had the Allison 2400 transmission instead of the 3000 as well. The 2400 is adequate, but the 3000 is superior.

Back
Top Bottom