abnormal tire wear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peck

have a 2003 30 ft Wildcat Fifth wheel. The back tires wear abnormally on the outside. The outermost tread are chopped unevenly. I replaced the tires with  Goodyear ST D rated tires  and had  them balanced. After a 4500 mile trip, they are doing it again. The  back passenger tire outermost thread is worn to the core. I can not afford to replace the two back tires after every trip. I stopped by the Wildcat dealer for help. They do not deal with tire problems.  If anyone has a cure for these problem please let me know.
Thanks,
peck

I had the same problems once with a tow Dolly and had to have the dang thing aligned.  It needs some shims put in and only a good alignment Tech will know what to do.

Hope this isn't too late for you.  Had the same problem on our trip to Georgia this past summer.  ATE 3 tires.  Had to take it to a Spring and Alignment shop and got the cambers aligned.  Took care of the problem.  Went on a 1500 mile trip and tires looked great.  The alignment shop must be one that aligns big trucks, not small cars.  Cost $163.50.  Both front and rear ones needed aligning.

It's not a tire problem - your axle is crooked.  Go to a spring & suspension shop (probably one for trucks rather than an auto shop) and they can straighten it out.  They'll know what to do when you describe the symptoms.(it is incorrect wheel camber, as Sharlotte says).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom