About LCD TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chaajoad

I asked this awhile back and never received a reply. It might come under the heading "dumb question" but I'll take a chance ...

I have a 17" LCD flat screen in the bedroom. This is my first MH and so far I've pretty much left the heat off while it sits beside the house. We rarely get freezing cold weather here but I'm wondering if leaving the TV in the cold rig is a bad thing. I have no problem doing that with the regular TV but maybe someone has had experience with flat screens ... just to be safe, it's now in the house but I'm still curious.

Thanks in advance -

Danny
Poulsbo WA

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
LCD displays are affected by cold/heat but just storing it in cold is probably OK.  Your tv should have had a manual with it that somewhere will give the acceptable temperature range for both "operating' and "storage". Storage will be considerable broader range than operating.

For example, Samsung says their computer LCD displays may get slower and less bright below 10 degrees C., but have no warnings about storing at thse temperatures or lower. They do worry about damage if operating at high temps, though.

chaajoad

Thanks for the input, RVRoamer. No manual - I bought it off ebay, like most everything else we need. But I'll stop worrying about it ...

Danny
Poulsbo WA

samarai

Google the mfg name, model # and put owners manual or specifications after them and you will likely find all the answers.  I have done this many times and have never been disappointed.

Top Bottom