AC not cooling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

[email protected]

I have a 2011 27" Springdale fifth wheel. Last week the AC was working great and now the other day its not cooling. The fan blows. I took the cover off and the top and cleaned it. It wasn't very dirty. We cleaned the filter on the inside and the coil from the inside. Still doesn't cool. The on line from the compressor that is supposed to get hot does but the other one doesn't get cold. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

It may be your unit has frozen up.  The way to solve that is to turn your unit off for a few minutes then turn on the unit to the fan high setting and let it run for approximately 30 minutes.  Then try changing to the ac setting and within a few minutes you should start getting cool air and the temp in the camper should start dropping.  If that does not work, then there is another issue.

I did check that and it is not froze up. We have shut it down and left it off for a day and the same results the next day.

I can think of several possible issues but they all have one thing in common  roughly 1,000 to fix
Sounds like it's time for a new A/C  get a 15,000 BTU job.

Two things that can do that are low charge though some A/C's will "Fault" if that happens (Others do not) and clogged expansion port.. but it's a sealed system. Cost of repair is more than half cost of replacement in most cases.

Back
Top Bottom