ac or swap cooler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesus freak

i would like to know what is better a window ac or window swap cooler and that will be loss money to run ???

For an RV? Disadvantage is you need to supply water..maybe a gallon an hour. I know of 2 RVers who thought it was a good idea and then they gave the coolers away to charity and bought regular Air conditioners.

Swamp coolers are useful only in relatively dry climates.  They also tend to get plugged with minerals in areas with highly mineralized water.

Where do you plan to use it?

we live in high desert of ca we are living in the 5th wheel the elec bill is to high i thought we can buy  window ac because it is only 4 amp . my ac that came with the 5 th wheel is 15 amp . so would it  be better to get a window ac thank you all

Given where you are and if your trailer is largely stationary, a swamp cooler may actually make some sense.  It humidies as it cools and humidity is normally a rare commidity in the cooling season in the Mojave.  The only exception would be the monsoon weather we have been going thru over the past 3 weeks.

My only reservation would be the water quality where you are.  Look around the stick houses near you and see how many swamp coolers are being used.

Back
Top Bottom