AC power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hutchboy

2006 safari trek over loaded 110 outlet (hair dryer, coffee pot, sandwich maker). Microwave and AC still work. Only 1 GFI located in bathroom. No power at that outlet. Reset power pedestal and all breakers in distribution panel. No luck. Do I need to look at inverter-charger?

hutchboy said:
2006 safari trek over loaded 110 outlet (hair dryer, coffee pot, sandwich maker). Microwave and AC still work. Only 1 GFI located in bathroom. No power at that outlet. Reset power pedestal and all breakers in distribution panel. No luck. Do I need to look at inverter-charger?

hutchboy
Yes.
Check for a tripped breaker on the inverter-charger itself, (what malexander said in reply #2).

hutchboy said:

IF you do indeed have an INVERTER (Does the kitchen outlet work when NOT plugged in or using a generator?) then yes. that is likely your problem.. The breakers may be on the inverter (most factory installs) or in a "SUB Panel" 2nd breaker box. Mine is in a cabinet).

If you do not have an inverter (or that is not the issue) then I would start by a visual inspection of the wires and connections in the power distribution (Breaker box) panel. UNPLUG (and kill any generators) use a flashlight and make sure all screws are TIGHT.

Then move to the GFCI and check for burned or broken connections behind it.

That's all I can give you

But if you have an inverter odds are like 99%+ that's it.  Tripped breaker.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom