AC Unit Cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CBAlvarez

I’m totally new to this forum so I don’t know if this is the best section to post the following question:
I have a Keystone RV with a GE air conditioner model #ARC13AACBK1 and I’m trying to figure out what AC cover will protect it over the winter months. I can’t find anything specific for this model.
Any help would be much appreciated…even if it’s where best to post this inquiry!

That is a physically small unit. You may be able to find one that fits close by the dimensions. None of them fit perfectly. Maybe a local seamstress or a boat shop that makes covers could make one out of a heavy vinyl material. It's just a bag with a drawstring on thr bottom to secure it.

Covers usually come in a range of sizes, choose one as close to the dimensions of your AC. As gwinger said none fit perfectly. Since they typically have drawstrings a cover that is a little large can be secured to prevent blowing away.

Or make one yourself - a piece of plywood for the top and some legs to hold it up. It doesn't have to fit neatly or seal it off. Afterall, the a/c is designed to be exposed to weather 24/7, right? Mostly you are just trying to prevent snow from sifting inside and maybe overstressing the inside shielding as it freezes and thaws repeatedly.

If you store it under some sort of cover or it's not a snow area, you probably need not worry about any sort of cover.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom